DAY 6- Lucerne

Lucerne Travel Blog

We woke up on our free day in Lucerne with hopes of going up Mt. Pilatus on a gondola, but it ended up being very rainy and cool, and foggy up high, so the gondola ride was cancelled, which was very disappointing. So, after breakfast (which was fantastic- eggs, bacon, bread rolls, and spreads, etc.) we went on a boat cruise on Lake Lucerne. It was quite lovely, as the scenery was gorgeous. Even though the weather wasn’t great, the water was pretty calm, so the ride was smooth. Too bad I had a hangover- it would have been a better cruise had I not been feeling sick! The cruise wasn’t a long one, maybe ½ hour to 45 minuets, and once done, we had a day to explore the city. First thing on the agenda was to eat lunch.

A group of us wanted to find a place that served Rosti, so Kerrianne, Renee, Lee, Joel, Tom, and I set out to find a restaurant where we could get it, and we ended up finding a great one! After our awesome Rosti at Restaurant Fritschi we walked through the streets, looking in all the shops of chocolates, watches, and Swiss Army Knives, walked over Chapel Bridge, and took lots of photos. After walking around the city, we made our way back to the hotel in the late afternoon. I took a nap before our 6:00 dinner, which took about an hour to finish. We spent the rest of the night in the hotel lounge, which on the weekends becomes a club. We ended up talking and drinking all night, and then broke it up and turned in for the night at about 1:00AM. Lucerne, and what we saw of the rest of Switzerland driving through it, is beautiful! It’s so green and luscious, filled with quaint little villages. The people are lovely- so friendly. Lucerne itself is almost perfect. It’s not too big, but big enough that it has everything that you’d want in your city. There is lots to do, and see. It was fantastic!

Main expenses (in Swiss Francs):

Breakfast: Included in the tour

Lunch: 18.00

Dinner: Included in the tour

Alcohol: Around 20.00 (I only had a few drinks)

Hotel: Included in the tour

Optional Excursions: Lake Lucerne cruise- 25.00

Lucerne Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Restaurant Fritschi
We went in search of Rosti, and found this colourful restaurant while walking through a little alley. After looking at the menu outside the door, we … read entire review
Lucerne