DAY 5- Paris to Lucerne

Lucerne Travel Blog

We left for Lucerne at 9AM, and were told that it would be one of the longest trips on tour. It definitely was, as we didn’t get to Lucerne until about 6:15. Granted, we did have two 15 minute breaks and one ½ hour lunch.

When we arrived in Lucerne, we went to our hotel to check-in, the Astoria Hotel. It was a fantastic hotel! We ate dinner at the hotel, then got ready to go out for the night. We ended up going to a local sports bar, and I never did know the name of it. It was a good place to start. Seeing as it was Sunday night, we were told that there were no clubs open. I don’t know if this is actually true, however, Josh knew a guy named Dominic that was willing to open a club up especially for the two or three Contiki tours that were in town that night. So, from the sports bar we went to the club, where we had an absolute blast. The music was good and the bartenders were fast, efficient, and funny. Because the club wasn’t open to the public that night, there was enough room to dance without being trampled on. After a night of drinking, I don’t remember what time we left the club, and I don’t remember getting back to the hotel. It was a fantastic night.

Main expenses:

Breakfast- Included in the tour

Lunch (in Euros)- 10.00

Snacks (for the bus-in Euros)- 5.00

Dinner- Included in the tour

Alcohol (in Swiss Francs)- WAAAY too much to keep track of! But, prices varied at the different places.

Hotel- Included in the tour

Lucerne Hotels & Accommodations review
Astoria Hotel
Our second stop on the tour turned out to be one of the nicest hotels we stayed in on the entire tour. Perfectly located on one of the main streets i… read entire review
photo by: Chokk