DAY 4- Paris

Paris Travel Blog

Today we all had a free day in Paris. Breakfast at the hotel was scheduled for 8:20. It was a really good breakfast, too! Little did we know that it was going to be one of the best breakfasts of the tour. Our coach left the hotel at 9:00 and dropped us off at the Louvre. It turns out that on the first Sunday of every month, museums are free to enter. So, we visited the Louvre, and saw the Mona Lisa, then continued to wander around. Massive amounts of people made it hard to get a good look at everything, but we were able to see everything we wanted to see before leaving. Once we were done at the Louvre, some of us decided to head over to the Eglise du Dome, which is Napoleon’s final resting place. So, Victoria, Chris, Nathan, Dan, Joel, Sarah, Rachel and I walked over there.

It was quite interesting, and it doesn’t take long to look around. By the time we were done at Napoleon’s tomb, it was time to eat lunch, so we found a nice little restaurant, where I ended up trying escargot for the first time (it tasted like dirt!) and foie gras (pretty nice, although I couldn’t eat much of it, or very often). From the restaurant, we headed to the closest metro station, where we made our way to the Arc de Triomphe. We stood across the street for a bit, taking pictures and watching the chaos that is the roundabout, then used the stairs that go under the roundabout to actually go to the arc. After taking more pictures, we walked down the Champs Elysees to the Swiss Gates, where we met our bus and made our way back to the hotel, in order to get ready to go to the Moulin Rouge.
We took the bus back to the Moulin Rouge. It turns out we weren’t allowed to take photos once inside, which was too bad. I would have liked to have taken pictures. Once inside, were seated at tables of six, then were waited on. We ate our dinners, then waited for the actual show to begin. While we were eating, there were performers on stage, a man and a woman singing. But once done our meals, we were treated to a singing and dancing extravaganza, all the while drinking wine. It was a good show! When the show finished, we caught the bus back to the hotel. I found Paris to be a fun, interesting, and beautiful city! Some of the people were rude, and the drivers were terrible! As a pedestrian, you really have to be alert, as you’ll get run down. But, I really loved the city.

Main expenses (in Euros):

Breakfast-Included in the tour

Lunch- Ballpark guess: 22.00

Dinner- Included in the optional excursion price

Hotel- Included in the tour

Optional Excursions- Dinner and show at the Moulin Rouge- 137.00

The Louvre- Free on the first Sunday of each month!

Eglise du Dome (Napoleon’s Tomb) and Musee de L’Armee- 8.50