DAY 23- Amsterdam

Amsterdam Travel Blog

Last day of our Contiki tour, and it turned out to be one of the saddest and worst days ever. Seeing as I was staying one extra night in Amsterdam, I didn’t actually have to wake up early. But, Kerrianne was leaving Amsterdam to back to London on the coach, so I woke up with her in order to say good bye to everyone else who was going back, too. (Out of 41 of us, only eight were staying in Amsterdam- the rest were taking the bus back to London).

We went to the dining room for one last breakfast together, then went outside to the bus to say our good byes. There were lots of hugs and tears. After spending so much time together for 23 days, and always being on-the-go, it was going to be hard going back to ‘normal’ life, without all those people.

The bus left for London, so Renee, Lee, Kim, Ryann, and I went back into the hotel. Renee and Lee were waiting for their airport shuttle, so Kim, Ryann, and I waited with them. Their shuttle arrived, so there were more goodbyes. Then, Kim, Ryann, and I went downtown to do some shopping. Kim also got her nose pierced. We found a great little pub, The Tara Irish Pub, to eat lunch at, then we went back to the hotel, where I re-packed my suitcase and showered, etc. Then, I met Kim and Ryann in the lobby again, where we set out to find a place for dinner. We ended up eating at a Greek restaurant across the street from the hotel. After dinner, I hung out in their room for a bit, but called it an early night, as I would be leaving early the next morning. What an emotional day!

Main Expenses (in Euros):

Breakfast: Included in the tour

Lunch: 11.00

Dinner: 15.00

Hotel: 69.00

Amsterdam Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
The Tara Irish Pub
A little Ireland in the heart of Amsterdam, The Tara Irish Pub is a relaxing atmosphere, perfect for conversation over good food. The staff was fanta… read entire review
Amsterdam