DAY 19- Prague

Prague Travel Blog

Breakfast wasn’t until 9AM, so we got a bit of a sleep-in. We left the hotel at 9:30 to do a small walking tour of Prague. It was optional, so not everyone was there. It turns out that by this time, there were a lot of people getting sick. We got onto the train from the station (Krizikova) that was right near the ATM we had used the day before, to go to Hradcany first (Malostranska station), then walked through old town and over Charles Bridge. At 11:30, we met up at Jan Hus with the others who hadn’t joined us on the walking tour (if they wanted to meet us- it wasn’t mandatory) to take a cruise on the Vltava river. The cruise lasted two hours and included a buffet lunch and drinks and a tour guide.

Once the cruise was finished, we got a free afternoon. Kerrianne, Renee, Lee, and I continued walking around the city. It started raining quite heavily, so we took cover where we could, and when it looked like it wasn’t going to let up, we found the closest train station, which at that time was Staromestska, and made our way back to the hotel. We got in early enough that both Kerrianne and I had a nap before we went to find somewhere for dinner. Kerrianne, Renee, Lee, Joel, and I decided on the Italian restaurant right across the street, then once, done, Joel, Kerrianne, and I went for a walk because we were so full. Once we got back to the hotel, we hung out in the internet room, not using the computers, but just talking with each other and our tour mates who were actually using them. We ended up going to bed around midnight.
After a busy morning and after noon, it was nice to have a relaxing evening.

My overall impression of Prague was very good. The people here are nice, the city itself is beautiful, and it’s incredibly easy to find your way around. The one thing that ruined it, and it can’t even be applied to the whole city, just certain areas, but once in a while the air starts smelling bad- a combination between sewage and garbage. We had a lot of fun, though. Our visit to Prague was great!

Main Expenses (in Czech Crowns/Koruny)

Breakfast: Included in the tour

Lunch: Included in the optional excursion price

Dinner: 13.00

Alcohol: 10.00

Hotel: Included in the tour

Optional Excursions: Lunchtime cruise- 26.00 Euros

Train prices: Different prices for different lengths. A single ticket for 20 mins. = 18.00

A transfer ticket for 75 mins. = 26.00

Lord_Mike says:
Your tour of Europe reminds me of my tour, back in 2005. Congrats on your feature today! Super reading, and bringing back lots of memories!!!
Posted on: Sep 11, 2009