DAY 15- Hopfgarten

Hopfgarten Travel Blog

It was a sleep in day on our free day in Hopfgarten. I took my time in getting ready in the morning, therefore missed the breakfast, which I heard was awesome. After getting up and meeting up with a bunch of other people that had decided not to the biking excursion, we decided to go find something to eat. We found a little restaurant and ate a nice lunch. By the time we were done, I had just enough time to go to the pharmacy for some cough syrup (I had developed the ‘Contiki Cough’, which I had heard about), then get back to the hotel to meet up with the other people who had decided to do the paragliding excursion. The nice thing about Hopfgarten is that it is so small that walking anywhere only takes about five minutes.

Of the 41 of us on tour, only 11 had decided to go paragliding, and of course Josh came, so there were 12 of us who headed up the mountain. The shuttle picked us up at the hotel at 1:15, and when we got up there, we were told that only three people could go at once (as there were only three instructors). I was in the last group, but the wait was definitely worth it. It was exciting and fun, but peaceful at the same time. The views were amazing. It was absolutely incredible! Once done, we got the shuttle back to the hotel, and got another great dinner, then retreated back to our hotel room with about seven other people (aside from the four of us). We decided to stay close to the hotel, so Jess, Kristen, and I walked to a convenience store for snack, then took them back to our room, where we watched MTV for the rest of the night (it was the only English channel on the television) while eating our treats. It was a great day. I didn’t think that such a small village would be so fun. The people were lovely, and the village was incredibly cute. It was a really nice visit.

Main Expenses (in Euros):