DAY 12- Rome to Vatican City to Venice

Vatican City Travel Blog

I have never, in my life, been so hungover or sick.. Last nights white wine, and consequently, today’s hangover, has made me swear off wine for life. Seriously! It was another travel day today, but before leaving Rome, we were going to visit Vatican City. We took the subway from our hotel to Occtaviano (I think). I stood as close to the train doors as possible, ready to jump off at every stop, in case I was going to be sick. When all my other tour mates got off the train, I did too. We walked from the subway station to the Vatican and paid our admission to the Vatican Museums. I first went to the Sistine Chapel. It was fantastic, but at the same time, all I could do was wonder if I was going to be the first person to ever get sick there? I didn’t think it would be a good idea to go see St. Peter’s Basilica, so instead I left the Vatican and found a little shop with shaded steps out front to sit and drink a truck load of waster.

Once again, it was a super hot day, which made my hangover even worse. Rachel and I made our way back into the Vatican and met up with the rest of the tour at 11:30. From there, we walked to the bus to set off for Venice. I slept pretty much the whole bus ride, so when we got into Venice at around 7:15, I felt much better. We checked into our hotel, Villa Isabella Santa Maria di Sala, then had dinner, which was not good at all. I sat outside with Micah, Victoria, and Celia until about 10:00, then called it a night. The next day was going to be an early morning and our free day in Venice. I was really looking forward to it.

Main Expenses (in Euros):

Musei Vaticani- 14.00

Subway: 1 ticket is 1.00, valid for 75 minutes

Vatican City Sights & Attractions review
The Sistine Chapel
Only accessible after paying admission for the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel is a sight to behold! Commissioned by Pope Sixtus IV in 1475, it w… read entire review
Vatican City