EuropeItalyRome

DAY 10- Florence to Rome

Rome Travel Blog

Trevi Fountain

We had to be at the bus at 8:30, as we were doing a short sightseeing tour of Florence before leaving to Rome. I was still drunk when I got on the bus, and I wasn’t the only one. After the short tour, led by Josh, we got free time to do as we pleased, so Micah, Victoria, Tom, Dan, Nathan, and I did some sightseeing and shopping. Florence was beautiful and busy. We had a beautiful day for exploring-not too hot. We didn’t waste much time having to look around for things, and never got lost, as Nathan had been here before and was an excellent leader. We found a great restaurant in a little alley off one of the main squares to eat lunch at before getting back on the bus. I slept most of the ride from Florence to Rome.

The Pantheon
Most people did, too, as when I finally did wake up, it was a very quiet bus.

Once we got into Rome, Josh took us on a short walking tour. We was the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon, which were two things to check off the list for tomorrow’s free day. After walking around for a bit, Kerrianne, Renee, Nathan, Tom, Chris, and I found a little restaurant for dinner off one of the main squares. When we got done, we met up with the rest of the tour and got back on the bus to go to the hotel (Park Hotel Blanc et Noir). Most people had a quiet night, just showering and heading to bed. It had been a long day, and we knew the next day was going to be big, so we turned in early and completely sober….

Main Expenses (in Euros):

Breakfast: included in the tour

Lunch: 8.00

Dinner: 18.00

Hotel: Included in the tour

Rome Hotels & Accommodations review
Park Hotel Blanc et Noir
My roommate and I were very lucky, as we found our room to be clean, and comfortable, with a nice balcony that we enjoyed very much. The bathroom was … read entire review
Rome