Another year closer

Kelowna Travel Blog

It is hard to believe a year has gone by since I first wrote about my travel plans to Europe.  I have learnt lots over the last year about where to go, what to pack, etc. etc.  I have messaged with and met a couple of people, saved some more money and so far I am forging ahead with my plans for the spring of 2012.  This site and the people on it have helped to keep a novice traveler like me encouraged to stay focused and working towards my dream trip even though I have a long time to wait.  But maybe the waiting has been good since I have really started to narrow down what I really want to see and do in Europe.  Wow there is so much over there to see but I am feeling a lot more comfortable about it now and I am not as concerned about travelling on my own for parts of the trip even if I don't have someone to tag along with.

In a couple of weeks I am off to Alberta for the third time this year (Calgary this time).  So it is not like I never go anywhere but since I once lived there and have family there, it just doesn't seem like the type of trip to blog and post pictures about.  But I guess to someone who has never been there it is probably an interesting place.  I never get tired of the trip through the mountains as every season has a different kind of beauty and splendor so maybe I will try and snap a few pictures this time and post them.