Rome In A Day

Rome Travel Blog

Today was a tough day. Not only was a experiencing fatigue from the travelling, but I was also burned out from the pub crawl the night before. The heat didn't help either, I was so dehydrated. The great thing about Italy is that there is running water from fountains all over the city. I was constantly filling up my water bottle for relief from dehydration.

Can we say JADED? On my train ride from the airport to Rome there was a lot of open space with green pastures. The first thing that came to my mind was, wow, there is quite a bit of land to develop out here. Don't see much of this in southern California except in Yucaipa!

Speaking of which, I saw this construction sign in Rome which I thought was interesting:

In Low Carb & Lactose Hell. Those of you who know me well know that I stay away from anything white like a plague. White bread, pastries, pasta, etc. are no no's in my book. You will all be shocked to know that I had a panini for breakfast, pizza for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner. I KNOW. Welp, when in being good here. I comforted myself by justifying that it was okay due to all of the walking I did today. I saw the Vatican which is just BREATHTAKING and also the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. We were all so tired and burned out from the heat that we took a short break at the Piazza by the Vatican. We literally laid down on the grass and closed our eyes in attempts to catch up on some rest.
I hope to see the Pantheon tomorrow before I take off on a train to Florence. I just booked my hostel a minute ago, this entire trip is flying by the seat of my pants and I LOVE IT!

photo by: vulindlela