Our Bushwalking Adventure & Country Western Hoedown!

Blackheath Travel Blog

Govett's Leap
After an exhausting first day, we spent the Saturday morning attempting a much needed sleep-in. However, in house full of 20+ under 30s, this was not to be had!! Around lunchtime, the boyfriend and I decided that we wanted to see some of the sights, so we pinched a car and took ourselves off on a drive to Govett's Leap. It was here that I got my first glimpse of the "Blue" Mountains. The view was stunning!

We decided a bushwalk was a good idea, so we picked a track and took off. Totally unprepared with no sun protection or water! After an hour and a half we realised that our little walk was actually a lot longer than we had anticipated... The scenery made it worthwhile though. We discovered some very pretty streams and waterfalls along they way. We eventually made it out to Pulpit Rock, only to discover that it was accessible by car, and we were very jealous to see other tourists hop back in their vehicles while we had a lengthy trek ahead of us to return home. :)

That night we celebrated my uncle's 60th with a Country & Western hoedown. Everyone dressed up and we kicked on long into the night...
photo by: Anouksreizen