this is it! travel in iceland - travel in 4x4 style!

Reykjavik Travel Blog

travel in iceland - travel in style!

waking up at 7:30 in the morning was unusual for me - usually i get up at 12 pm because my work starts in the afternoon till evening but this is my vacation! lol it's always like that :D sleep early and get up early! the guys - rj and jeff were still sleeping - but i dont want to sleep more - i want action! this is it! the moment has arrived for us to start our life-changing roadtrip journey circling iceland!

i went out to smoke - just waiting for the free breakfast - then to my horror of horroors - i met the owner/receptionist/caretaker - whatever he is lol coming in inside of the hostel! eeeeeekkkkk with a young teenage boy with him :P lol (sorry, dirty tricks plays in my dirty mind lol hahaha) they had been carrying some grocery stuff with them. he looked at me and i said with a scared tone "góðan daginn" (remembering it from random travbuddy greetings in the website lol) and he actually - ACTUALLY smiled at me and said it back - im scared! lol he maybe has a thing for little boys like me ahahahaha arrrrghhhhhh and he told me that breakfast is at 8:00 am, and i told him i know.

a travbuddy trip wouldnt be complete withouth a travbuddy banner! thanks amber!

after smoking, i decided to go to the dining area and wait for 10 mins. before breakfast, i went inside, there was nothing - just me and the owner/receptionist/caretaker - whatever he is lol was there and i dont want to stand in his way, i grabbed some pamphlets and leaflets from iceland and began reading - yes, for your information - i can read lol, then erik came! it was 5 minutes before breakfast - but im hungry and the owner/receptionist/caretaker - whatever he is wasnt to be found, i grabbed toast and put it in the toaster - erik did the same lol, so we started having breakfast and talked and i found out that he's more comfortable speaking in german than in english! thank god - its better for me too - since 2 filipino guys - rj and ian seemed to be worthless in talking tagalog :P lol (haha peace rj and ian).

maike like on a real expedition!

as me and erik conversed, one by one the guys came in, im sorry - i couldnt remember anymore who came down to join us - probably rj and lieke! then someone went inside the hostel, coz i heard the door opened, i know that he wasnt one of us because if - then he would defo join us for breakfast!

i asked the guys who could that be - then he shouted "lauro?" i came to him and it was mark! LOL hahaha apprently we were talking about him yesterday coz he missed his flight to iceland! i happily asked him to join us on the table and eat breakfast - doenst matter if he didnt booked the previous night before the owner/receptionist/caretaker - whatever he is was not there hahahaha.

so almost all of the gang were awake and having breakfast together - were all just waiting for 12:00 pm because the guy from the rental company will come with the car contracts.

my useless roomies ej and jeff lol.
then suddenly mark said where's david b.?! lol we totally forgot about himm hahahaha. then the discussion got to him because his bag didnt arrived and if - all of the guys would pitch in clothes for david to wear - i couldnt help myself laughing when harri or big matt said i should give david my socks for him to use as handgloves hahahaha hahahahaha. then to the horrorof horrors - jeff was eating cereal in the couch near the reception because were checking out and paying the owner/receptionist/caretaker - whatever he is lol - he reprimanded jeff for eating in the couch! he asked in his booming voice if jeff lives with his parents! LOL hahahahahahaha it scared the wits out of me lol. it made me/us feel that we werent welcomed in iceland!

nearing 12 pm, david b.

snotty david b.!
wasnt nowhere to be found! i asked maike if she knows where david b. was staying - i would pick him up - this isnt a trip withouth david b. himself! i dont want him to go back to austin! lol hahahahaha. so maike said - rj knows where david b. was staying - i asked rj - he said jeff knows lol its like a circus lol. so i told them they come with me to find david b.!

we were walking along the streets of southern reykjavik and i asked rj where the exact location of david b.'s hotel was but rj could only remember that it looked like a rundown building LOL that was very helpful rj hahahaha and jeff added that its only two blocks from our hostel lol. it was pointless - were going around in circles in the area! arrrrghhhh so it's time to ask people around - rj and jeff seemed to prove that they were useless trabuddies hahahah hahahaha hahahaha, i asked a man if there's a hotel in the area lol and he pointed us to follow this road blah blah we followed it but there was none, i saw two elderly icelandic people, i asked the man if he can speak english and he said yes i asked him for the hotel in the area and the amazing thing was - he left what he was doing and came with us to the hotel area! we thanked him for his nice gesture - the prejudice to owner/receptionist/caretaker - whatever he is was gone - people are not the same! he was really an asshole to us!

we finally found david's hotel! thanks to the icelanders and not rj and jeff who were useless at that point hahahaha but evenso - rj was right the building looked rundown like a barrack from ww2! ahahahaha then we went inside and hoooowwwla! its was shining marble inside and it was actually nice!!!!! i went up to the receptionist because rj and jeff wouldnt talk that much lol - i asked if they have guest named david b.

and she said he just left 5 mins. ago lol! arrrrghhhhhhhh

so we went back and lo and behold david b. was there and his bag came!!!! hurrah! thank god i would not give him my socks for him to use as his handgloves! LOL hahahaha. the car rental company guy was there too and all the driver signed the contracts! it was time to go as we had the keys!!!! HURRAH! the guys left some of their stuff in the hostel while i carried mine!

we were all so busy setting up the 3 cars - the landrover defender, the toyota land cruiser and the small and funny looking lada niva! hahahahaha - i told them to make nicknames for the car! as everythign was set - i asked david b. if he wants to sit with me lol and he said yes - coz im sitting in the defender - but in the back and its too small for david to fit in and he went to the land cruiser - the look of amazement in his face was visible as he saw the cars, the travbuddies and big matt handing out walkie talkies for every car, i nudged david b.

evil wilmke! lol
and told him thats its really an expedition what were doing :D he doenst talk much but i saw the excitement in his eyes! then finally i hugged both maike and amber - this is it! THIS IS IT!

big matt and maike sat in the front of the defender, mike and lieke in the middle and me, janja, amber and wilmke sat on the back! we were the first ones to go - followed by the land cruiser clumsily with jeff on wheels then to our horror - the lada wasnt even moving! lol there were confused shouts and laughter coming from all over! i dont know what theyre talking about - coz i dont know anything about cars or driving lol - as long as it has 4 wheels and it runs - its a car for me - but i wasnt sure about the lada!

hahahhahaha it took a while before it actually get it's tiny shape into action! it was the slowest and confused car - took a while for us to get out of the traffic in reykjavik - wilmke even volunteered to drive it our of reykjavik - but the pride of the guys were too much - they dont want to be called wimps! hahahahah hahahaha

after some twist and wrong turns - with ashi's driving :P we finally made it out and went into a supermarket and bought essentials - it was a bit late almost 2 pm - but the sun was shining so wonderfully! maike decided to skip the hike at mt.

esjan.

after all of the guys were set - we finally drove out of reykjavik and 8 days of adventure will begin!

lauro says:
o di ba? parang hayden kho lang? simulan mo ng mag careless whisper :P hahahahahha
Posted on: Nov 13, 2010
rheagirl says:
ang gwapo naman ni papa david b! gosh! :)
Posted on: Nov 12, 2010
lauro says:
lili im fucking scared of that guy - he looks like hes molesting cute little boys like me :P lol
Posted on: Oct 31, 2010
travel in iceland - travel in styl…
travel in iceland - travel in sty…
a travbuddy trip wouldnt be comple…
a travbuddy trip wouldnt be compl…
Reykjavik