mom, wherever you are... i just want you to know - I'M IN ICELAND!

Keflavik Travel Blog

someone isnt happy in this picture lol.

for an inter european flight, iceland air has huge planes! lol it reminded me of my flight from düsseldorf to athens - the plane was also this huge. i was seated on the last row and i like it - because it's near to the toilet and there arent much activity going on the aisle, so thats fine - i can't complain lol.

i started flipping through the magazines of the airline and i was so fucking - fucking impressed how icelandair named their aircrafts! they were named after the volcanoes in iceland! thats so ingenious! i likey like it! (i will review later icelandair and it's service). i flipped through the movie selection nothing much on the economy class - boo hoo. anyhow, i chosed this movie with keanu reeves on it, and i was suprised how old he had become lol (wasnt watching much films lately) and the movie was as forgetful as his role - it was the most boring airplane movie i watched - something about aliens blah blah - after an hour of trying to understand the story, i turned it off - i didn't know what was happening because i had earphones but apparently one inuit boy was crying because he was scared of the flight.

erik and lieke!
it was.... i dont know... i felt a "mother instinct". working with children for 4 years in germany made me susceptible to children's emotions - eventhough i dont like children! strange but true. the flight attendants tried their best to comfort the child - giving him some kid's things. its hard for me not to look because the boy sat near to me. so what i did to distract myself from him and flipped again in the channel and i got to pick "little miss sunshine" randomly and thank god i did! hahahahaha i was laughing from the very beginning till the end that people started looking at me strangely! hahahahaha i love that film! i love the humor and best of all i love roadtrips!

laughing till the end - we finally approached iceland! i paused the movie stood up and looked at the window from the next seat and i was stunned by the view! FUCKING AMAZING! the weather was so beautiful!!!!!! it isnt like what other people said thats its donna ba dreary - it was NOT - the view of black and grey earth covered in ice caps was totally STUNNING.

lieke! finally we met!
i ocouldnt take my eyes off it! but i have to finish the last part of little miss sunshine where olive danced burlesque to rick james "super freak" hahahaha that was really funny! LOL hahahahaha

landing in rekjavik, i took a deep breath - after 13 months of planning, of waiting, of anticipating and meeting, the time will come to pass to conquer the land of fire and ice.

passing through customs, i was singled out and my bag was examing through the x-ray machine, the custom guy asked me where i came from, this is tough for me to answer - does he man my nationality? where i live? so i said GERMANY in a thick german accent and he let me pass through withouth any more questions lol.

i needed a smoke! 5 hours of not smoking made me exhausted - i went out and started sending sms to people i am supposed to have the same arrival time - matthew, mike (with a delayed hour flight), lieke and erik!

one by one the guys came! i hugged matthew, lieke and mike and shok hands with erik lol - well, ive met matthew and mike already and been constantly chatting with lieke in travbuddy and i dont know much about erik lol.

harri (matthew) and mike!

we all greed to take the bus and i needed to exchange money - i changed 350 euros - and i received thousands and thousands of icelandic krona lol feels weird holding that money. i decided to buy tickets for all of us and surprisingly, erik came with me - i dont know him that much lol. we all gave 5000 kroner each - we lined up at the flybus ticket station - was a very very very long line - but it seems, that iceland is already trying it's best to impress us, specially me - who is prepared to battle it's hardship and tempestuous weather - a girl from flybus came to me and erik (we were at the last line - mind you!) and said we can buy tickets from her! so we paid 2,500 krona each (we didnt knew it was too much lol) anyway - after buying the tickets - in less than 10 minutes we were boarding the bus! can you believe that?! NO HEEBEEJEEBEES!

i was so excited inside the bus! erik had to calm me down - lol i told him i am like this, and i am such a chaotic person lol. passing through the landscape of iceland - they had to conatin me coz i kept looking out the window! oh my god - as a huge huge huge fan of the lord of the rings i felt like i was in mordor! anncient lava beds, rocks with moss and lichens color the desolate landscape!

i looked at one of the maps of iceland in the bus and it has a map of the ring road on it and i took it and said to rik that we might need this and he looked at me strangely and said in something like - "seriously, are you using that?" well so much for a short conversation lol. i dont care - i tucked the little map and put it inside my bag!

arriving at the bus station - we got confused for a moment, we didnt exactly know the address of the hostel! hahahahahahaha and lieke said that its just 10 minutes walk from the bus station, so we tried to find the address, having a hard time carrying 3 bags with me and of all the people - erik helped me! but he carried the lightest bag of all - it isnt even a bag it was the sleeping bag hahahahaaha.

we finally found our hostel, the guys went first in, and i followed behind and took a look at the bright and blazing skies of iceland and thought about my mother, she would have been very proud of me to have come this far. i never had the chance to tell her personally about the adventures i had since i lfet home, but i am sure she is following me wherever i go. wherever my mom is right now, i just want her to know, that i made it, in ICELAND!

lauro says:
tinitigan ako ng masama yun lang! haha
Posted on: Jul 05, 2011
darlenemartin says:
Awww, na teary eyed naman ako sa sinabi mo about your Mom...

At I can imagine kung gaano ka ka-hyper!!! Paano ka napakalma ni Erik? Hahaha
Posted on: Jul 05, 2011
lauro says:
hahahahaha i looked like a child opening my first christmas presents!!! hahahhahaa
Posted on: Dec 01, 2010
someone isnt happy in this picture…
someone isnt happy in this pictur…
Keflavik