meeting and hugging everyone!!!!!! i love you all! and finally meeting my partner-in-crime - maike!

Reykjavik Travel Blog

the tired tbs at hallgrímskirkja!

walking slowly towards the hostel, i went up and saw familiar faces on travbuddy that i chatted with, they were sitting playing cards on the table and there was a festivity of greetings, hugs, handshakes and cheeks-to-cheeks. but most of all - i came up to maike and hug her tight and thanked her for withouth her generous help, this roadtrip expedition would not come into place and she happily told me that we got un upgrade with the car instead of the lada niva - we got a toyota landrover for the same price!!!!!! how fuuuuntastic! then - hiding from everyone's back was janja and we hugged each other - its so nice to finally see her again after almost a year - in the process i hit wilmke's head with my arm as i hugged janja :P lol. then i saw standing on the corner was ian! i greeted him and spoke tagalog at him but he said he can converse better in english - so we did! lol there were some people missing! i didnt saw rj, jeff, amber, david, ashi and big matt.

me and my partner-in-crime maike!!!
after meeting and greeting everyone i excused myself to go downstairs to smoke - i still dont have a room, but i'll take care of that later! i put on my t-shirt and went downstairs to puff some cigarettes.

i was about to light one when someone came!!!!!!!!!! it was amber! she was about to scream but i put my finger on my lips to stay silent LOL hahahaha then we hugged each other and after 3 years of chatting - finally we met! i was so excited to see her! finally! well get to share some ideas for art and art's sake! lol then followed her was big matt and ashi! i was surprised to see the three of them together and i asked big matt if they had threesome hahahaha.  it was nice to see matthew and ashi again - the last time i saw them - we only spoke few words to each other but now - it's not only words were gonna spoke but actually travelling together! i asked amber where they were and she said were in town to buy stuff and food - she apprently didnt liked the soup she was carrying coz it had mushroom in it so i asked if i can have it! we all went back to the hostel and i looked for some pots or pans i can heat the soup with, harri (matthew) was already there boiling water for his tea, i kept fumbling finding the damn pots when a huge shadow fell upon me lol when i looked up - it was david bjorndahl himself - i dont know what to do actually lol.

having dinner at this odd resto! hahaha
so i said hi and shook his hands lol hahahahaha. i asked him questons how'd he got here - there - everywhere while trying to look for those damn pots - i was distracted for a bit lol.

finally i found one, and started heating the mushroom soup and when i poured it out of the cup it looked icky. anyway, maybe it would taste good - so i excused myself again and continue to smoke because i was rudely interrupted LOL hahahahah hahahahaha.

looking at the hostel from outside while smoking, i could see all the happy travbuddies gathering around the dining area laughing and having fun, i just couldnt believe what i just did! maike took care of the technicalities in the trip while i gathered these souls to come with me on a trip that would probably chamge all our lives.

shy ian!

i remembered i was heating soup - so i went back there and good thing harri turned it the stove off coz it was burning, i poured it back into the cup and started to taste it and it was sooooo YUCK i have to kill amber for giving me that lol. i took some noodles from my bag, heated water and started to eat it. i was so busy in the kitchen doing my stuff and david bjorndahl crowded inside it too lol, when i was leaving he told me to stay coz he wanted to talk to me, lol hahahaha.

i went to the dining room and ate my noodles together with david b. (bjorndahl), matthew and ian was standing in the corner looking a bit perplexed and i invited him to join us! so we sat altogether in the table and asked ourselves and answered so many curious questions from everything! then maike announced that she will be collecting money from us for the gas and payments of the room - i gave more than 20,000 krona to maike since i asked her to buy me cigarettes because i already reached my limit to bring tobaccos :P

i was so active that time! i kept hopping from every people to people asking them how they are blah blah - and david b.

david b. himself! lol
was just looking at me funny! lol i was missing amber so i went to her room and she was drawing a tb banner! apparently david b. forgot the banner and his bag didnt came with his flight lol, he said everything will be taken care of for tomorrow - i hope and i crossed my fingers! but the amazing thing with david b. was just hes calm and collected with the situation! i wouldve panicked! lol

suddenly the owner/caretaker/receptionist of the hostel/inn whatever he is came! and he is so angry that we used the kitchen and that we were so loud - uh oh, i dont want to get in his way, i will hide from him from now on! lol i dont wanna cross paths with him coz its gonna get ugly - i have a sharp tongue and when i couldnt control it, igly words come out from it.

the gang!

he told us to clean and leave the dining area just the way it was - eeeekkkk so i washed the pot i used to heat amber's icky mushroom soup, together with harri who also cleaned up his mess and the hostel guy was so angry again because we cleaned it by using water :D ahaha apprently he wanted them to be cleaned in his dishwasher, ah forgive us, may the lord be with him.

then all of us decided to have dinner together! arrghh i just ate! lol but i still didnt have a room! maike told me to go downstairs jeff and rj were there - i came downstairs with my bag and saw the two guys already awake - i greeted them - still groggy coz they just arrived early in the morning :P lol hahahahaha

after everyone was settled and dressed except for erik and wilmke who chose to stay in the hostel we headed into town to find some cheap meals! we stopped first in a danish bar/club?! i dont know! i didnt even went near it and there were girls outside - dotn know if they were icelandic - but they went crazy over david b.

harri and his mandatory tea! :D lol
! lol well in this part of the world he is exotic hahahahaha  they seem to get excited to see guys - i think the guy/girl ratio in iceland is not balanced lol then it didnt take long - we found a spot - cozy and a little bit weird - the waitress were dressed in little tutu's - in german it's called "dirndl" that reminded me of bavarian girls serving in oktoberfest! hahahaha that was odd for an icelandic restaurant. so we ordered and i had a kid's size pizza coz im not really hungry and gave to harri my half of it hahahahahaha.

outside the resto where everyone was still paying - amber met an icelandic kinky guy LOL hahahaha he wouldnt leave coz he wanted amber to come with him and he saw janja sitting and he started also to pay attention to janja hahahaha hahahaha and janja was scared she went inside the resto, i backed out and smoke while looking at them and  laughing LOL hahahahaha it got a bit too kinky for amber and she sent the guy home lol hahahaha.

big matt!
then we headed straight to the danish bar - a couple of beers, dancing and conversations - i need a smoke - i went outside and standing there was the tallest person i had seen in my entire life!!! hes like 200 meters! and he looked at me and started HAVING CONVERSATIONS WITH ME oh lord, why do i attract these characters hahaha he was drunk and were talking about denmark, iceland, facebook - i didnt actually get what he was saying about using real names in facebook lol hahahaha. i just said yes yes yes while puffing smoke out of my mouth then i headed back inside! and i was surprised mike left! i didnt noticed! lol hahaha

the guys still wanted to go on and party but i am feeling a bit tired and so are the others, so me, lieke, janja, ashi and ian went back to hostel but i told them to make a detour at hallgrímskirkja coz its well lighted in the night and i want to take a pic of it! :D and after some confusing twists and turns - led by ashi :P we were lost for a bit hahahahahahahahahahaahaha but eventually we found our way took pics and headed back to the hostel - i had the key and i told jeff and rj to wake me up when they get back.

amber making the tb flag!

around two am, and lights off, i suddenly woke up,  A HEAD WAS LOOKING AND PEERING AT ME FROM THE WINDOW! I FUCKING SHOUTED - I WAS SCARED hahahahahahahahaha its like someone's head been chopped off and left it at the window! hahahahahahaha it was rj! LOL hes got a scary head lol hahaha i opened the door, murmured something and i went back to bed with a loud hmp! LOL hahahahaha

halilee says:
That looks like it would have been such an amazing and FUN trip!! :)
Posted on: Aug 05, 2012
lauro says:
rj is such a puffin! hahahaha

oh my god.... writing the blog step by step and savoring all the memories makes me cry... it was a beautiful journey..
Posted on: Oct 28, 2010
Globevoyager says:
RJ you are so right! I can't resist you ;-)
Posted on: Oct 28, 2010
me and my partner-in-crime maike!!!
having dinner at this odd resto! h…
having dinner at this odd resto! …
Reykjavik General Tips & Advice review
ICELANDAIR - flag carrier of Iceland.
icelandair is the official flag carrier of iceland, with its base at the capital of reykjavik. only two airlines serve iceland - icelandexpress which … read entire review
Reykjavik