ashi & me spending an afternoon in copenhagen before our flights to germany and switzerland.

Copenhagen Travel Blog

instinct woke me up, as i opened my eyes - were about to land in copenhagen. i had around an hour and a half sleep, i didnt had any complimentary drinks nor watched some films but it was good though. as least i got to close my eyes a bit.

as the plande landed in copenhagen, the weather was gorgeous, like in the last few days in iceland - it was sunny. i hurriedly went out and went straight directly to the baggage claim - because ashi should be waiting for me - he was an hour early than me.

when i went there - my god - our baggages were combined with the flight from paris - there were too many people waiting for their baggages and luggages. i was almost falling to the ground - it was past 12 noon, i didnt had any bite, no sleep, NO MONEY (well technically i have but none danish kröner) and they dont accept icelandic kronur in the shops  i felt frustrated coz i have around 5000 icelandic kronur and im scared that i wont be able to change it! arrrrrgh.

the bags took some time! my god! it was almost 1pm when the bags came out - and im beginning to wonder if ashi would still be waiting for me! we didnt had each other's number - it was all by word that were going to meet and explore copenhagen together.

as i got my bags - i couldnt carry them all - i was too weak - all i wanted to do was find a spot and sleep again - arrrrghh - so i took a trolley and put my bags there and headed outside the arrival area. i was almost falling down - i felt so tired from lack of sleep, i felt my legs and bones falling apart - but i promised ashi that im gonna show him copenhagen.

when i got out of the arrival gate - i immediately spotted ashi! called his name but he didnt heard it - because i almost dont have any voice anymore and it was so loud in the airport.

i ran to him carrying my heavy bag like a little macaulay caulkin on home alone :D lol - finally he heard me calling hins name - i was sweating coz its so hot inside the airport. i apologized to him that it took forever for my bags to came - then ashi suggested i self check-in my bags - hadnt done that before - so i tried - and put all the stickers by myself - i was a bit worried because my very treasure that i took of island was in one of my bags - the sands of reynisdrangar.

i booked in at SAS airlines - to fly back to düsseldorf - i wanted to try SAS and this was the perfect opportunity - and i like reviewing airlines - so another new airline for me after icelandair. but being me, there isnt a moment withouth heebeejeebes - ashi told me just to check the bags in the nearest sas counter - and so i did - when it was my turn the woman behind the counter looked at - dark eyes - smelling badly, dirty clothes and cap and basically looking like a hobbo :P and she said if i bought business class ticket :P i said no - so she directed me to another counter :D hahahahahahahaa i hate you ashish bambhani! hahahahahaha

anyway we found the next counter and i checked in everythign except for my daypack - i dont want to lunge around in copenhagen with my big backpack - so we went to buy tickets to copenhagen central station - i tried my luck if i can pay in icelandic kronur but the counter said no! arrrghh i asked ashi if i could pay him later once i find a bank! arrrghhhhhh it didnt took long for us to be at the central station - what a beautiful weather - same as when i was in copenhagen 2 weeks ago! i went straight to the forex and thank god - they exchange - but sadly - wasnt much that i hoped for.

so i paid ashi my share and BEGGED HIM to eat at KFC! ahahahah he agreed too!

i was hoping that they have those crispy chickens but apparently not, well kfc is kfc which i ordered two piece chicken, mashed potato and pepsi! i felt a little better with something in my stomach - i can act normal again! lol. after we ate - we decided to explore copenhagen - i mean to show ashi around!

we walked and walked around copenhagen, until we came to amalienborg palace - thats about 2 kms of walking - for me thats nothing coz i walk everyday to work - the problem was - im beginning to fall, we rested on a bench not far from thel ittle mermaid statue but still the mermaid was in china for the beijing expo, so it it wasnt there. i looked at the clock it was 5 pm - ashi's flight was around 7:30 pm while i at 8:30 pm.

i told ashi to go back to the airport - i would vomit from dizziness from lack of sleep - the the roadtrip and camping in iceland took its toll on me. i mean - it wouldnt be that bad the problem was - lack of sleep plus too much walking.

we took the subway back to the airport - we didnt knew if our ticket was valid or not :P but we did ahahahha. arriving at the airport - we checked in security and went inside - i got hungry again - i needed rice - so i went toe the yam yam chinese box and ordered rice while ashi went to eat some pizza. after eating, we went around the airport - and finally, my body collapsed and we sat down - to where my gate to düsseldorf was and i knew it - most - around 90% of passengers that goes to düsseldorf were business people with suits - its always like that lol.

some people were eating and drinking wine at caviar house & prunier bar - it was just across us as we sat, the clinks of glass and china can be heard - but evenso, it felt faraway from me/us. having to actually camped around iceland and encountering almost to no people - only nature - made me feel unrealistic to the real world. i miss the wild already.

ashi and me hugged before he left for his flight - it was nice to be at least with a friend from the team before i head back to germany.

as i sat waiting for my flight - some teenagers who were also on the flight as me kept looking and laughing at me - i know, i looked dragged, black puffy eyes, haggard, unshaved, unclean - looking homeless - yes its true.

but as ive got on the plane and landed in düsseldorf - i smiled, because i felt complete in my life - i had done all the things i wanted to do, i couldnt ask for more - i felt contented and i laughed at them :D

anyway, knowing me - heebeejeebees were everywhere - the airline lost my sleeping bag! arrrrggggggggggghhhh

Copenhagen Sights & Attractions review
The goddess Gefjun fountain, Copenhagen.
the goddess gefjun fountain is located in the grounds of of the kastelet fortress in copenhagen. it is one of the landmarks in copenhagen thats not to… read entire review
Copenhagen