amber: im a girl - i need a bed! janja's game: the bottle of truth! & david b.s cheedar cheese!

Egilsstadir Travel Blog

our cute little motel!

not being able to shower for 3 days in a row and hardcore camping/tarping/sleeping in the car - it was such a relief to be able to take break from all of these! lol i relaized that were only humans :D we need to wash our dirt and grime lol hahahaha.

as we arrived in the small town? village? city? lol of egilsstadir - it was reaking with the smell of dried fish! it was unusual because - we were not direct from the coast. we drove past the town and a large lake to be able to reach our "motel" for the night! and when we arrived - i couldnt believe that - that was it! lol- it was the simplest design i couldve ever imagined - it was - well just walls with windows and roof! hahahahaha - and the name of the motel was funny as ever - VINLAND - (in germanic languages V is pronouned F) so wimlke and i cheered that we arrived in FINLAND! hahahah hahaah.

thanks for the cheddar cheese david b.! :P
we waited for maike who had to call the manager of the little motel - the motel was kinda cute - really simple - but with a gorgeous view of the town and the mountains covered with clouds beyond.

as maike came with the manager - she had the keys for 3 rooms - the original group and dave got the key for his group. as the car was unpacked - we formed into groups of which and who would share the rooms - everybody was crowding around trying to find their places specially the guys who didnt cared for the girls :P, as i patiently wait outside and smoked. to my suprise - amber was standing in a doorway chanting - I'M A GIRL I NEED A BED lol as all the rooms were preoccupied and crowded by the guys hahahaha hahaa - nobody paid noticed to amber - they were just walking past her lol and i came up to her and said - "amber, im sorry i didnt noticed you were a girl" lol hahahahah hahaha eventually amber found a room at the back with wilmke and mike.

the drinking game had begun!
i still didnt had a room, i hanged out with big matt and erik - but their room was already full - so i was left withouth a room :P oh well it doenst matter - i can sleep on the car again. then maike came up to me and asked were i was checked - i said - i dont have a room lol. she said that she ordered an extra bed in the room where amber, wilmke and mike were checked - well ok! so i went there and unpacked my bags - eventually wilmke was already in the shower and amber said she was next and mike arrrgghhh ok - no choice i shower later lol.

as i started to eat my noodles - rj came with a hurried look in his expression :P he wanted his roast beef coz he was hungry :P lol, i remembered that we bought a roastbeef together and will share it - i gave him the half of roastbeef and HE LOOKED LONGINGLY AND PAINFULLY at my cup of noodles :P hahahahaha.

me and big matt with his bandaged leg! lol
he asked where id got them :P i said i brought them from germany and he asked if he can have one cup :P are you kidding me rj?! hahahaha i told him he has TO BEG FOR IT and he really did - complete with batting his eyelash :D haahaha. eventually i gave in :P i told him to buy me a bottle of pepsi later :P and he was gone with my cup of noodles...

i still handnt settled yet after rj invaded our room lol when.............. surprisingly david b. came - oh geez what does he want?! lol i gotta hide my noodle cups before they would be gone! lol hahahahaha. then withouth a word david threw at me a BIG BLOCK of cheddar cheese! lol i was open mouthed - in the beginning, i joked at david b., that he should bring me cheedar cheese because its my favorite and he shouldnt arrive in iceland without it.

rj was a mess that night and jeff fed him with water lol
. or else :P and he promised me he would bring seom for me! and he really did - he didnt forgot his promise :D and he was gone before i could thank him :( looking at the block of cheddar cheese - i had ot laugh it said: PROCESSED WITH NO GROWTH HORMONES lol hahahaha are you kidding me?! for the record i just love cheddar cheese even if it stinks lol.

then after some shower - the guys decided to go to the supermarkt - and buy booze - i stayed beind coz i was sick and i needed to badly rest and EAT. i told rj not to forget my pepsi! lol. me and wilmke stayed and she had her own world of just lietening to her music while i poured through the pics i took for the last 3 days! i got hungry again, the small cup of noodles wasnt enough - so i sliced some cheese from david b.

lieke!!! :P
, and all the roast beef and put it inside a sliced bread! IT WAS FUCKING YUMMY! i think it was the best meal i had in iceland! lol.

then the manager of the motel came - i thought he will be angry at us lol - like the one in reykjavik - apprently he wanted to confirm the extra bed :P and he looked at our room which was like a tornado hit it! lol but i explained to him that we are good people and we would clean the place before we leave! he was so nice!

when the guys were back and i had my pepsi - they decided to have a little bit of trip in/around the town - while harri and the girls stayed behind - (see/read this trip).

------------------------------------------------------------

after the heebeejeebees in that trip - i went with mike and jeff in the only internet cafe in the town and it wassssssss freeeeeeeeeeeeeee as long you order something in the cafe that is lol.

me and ian!
then maike, wilmke, erik, janja, mark followed - we all had laugh in that cafe that people really started to look - and erik drew a travbuddy logo - and hung it on the wall - it looked like a 5 year old kid drew it hahhaa, so after checking mails, we went back leaving mark behind.

it was getting dark - finally showered soooooooo loooooong and after - i got hungry and ate again - i swear from now on - the cheddar cheese will be my "lembas" bread for the 2nd leg of the trip in iceland! i made also soup and put it inside my thermos.

i went out - to the otherside - david b.'s, harri's and jeff's room where full of activity! theyre starting the drinking games with maike, lieke, dave, wilmke, janja, mark, ian, mike, ashi and me. i sat next to david b. and thanked him for the cheese which he gave.

maike! :P
the room smelled of fresh clothes and fresh tb's! hahahahah hahahhah well i dont have any fresh clothes left - doenst matter, were not gonna meet the queen of england anyway :P lol.

i got distracted because there was a tv on that room - i flipped some buttons here and there and the tv functioned! (because they said it was not functoning) all the guys looked at me with astonishment of how i did that :P i told just bewildered that i just pushed some buttons lol hahahahahah.

i was missing other people and i asked where were they? and i went to that room - erik, amber and big matt were there - the room smelled putrid :P and i just relaized big matt had bandaged his limping leg :D lol hahahaha and that smell was the ointment :P

then janja came along and said we should play a game! "the bottle of truth" lol hahaha every one laughed and janja got hurt - she explained that it was the english translation for the slovenian game :P hahahahaha we know - we were just kidding her! well we dont have a bottle so we just answered one question from each people.

janja and dave :P
there was some BIT OF SUPER PERSONAL QUESTIONS THERE - I SWEAR! lol hahahahahahaha i covered my ears :D  hahahaha then suddenly there was a commotion on the otherside of the room! rj apparently was dying! hahahahaha.

i got to see it! lol rj was a mess when i entered the room :D i remember jen - that i promised to take care of rj for her - but i couldnt instead i took a pic of him looking somber lol ahahahaha - jeff our "doctor" fed rj with water as he was dehydrated from drinking too much alcohol an got drunk :P and i swear i heard rj kept mumbling "i want to sleep" hahahaahahaha hahahha wilmke and me were laughing like evil - whenever we stop laughing and then looking at rj we would laugh again hahahahaha

so they wrapped rj like a cocoon in the room in his sleeping bag and the guys transferred to othe other room lol.

i love your hair amber! lol
it was late at night and i need to get rest - mike was already sleeping - but i couldnt, so i still went out again to smoke and there was laughter inside the room where amber was - and when i opened it - i could help but laugh so hard - dave was on top of maike slapping her butt :D and erik was massaging maike's legs hahahahahahahahaha.

i called it a night and slept - i never felt so good the entire trip! and sleeping on a bed?! who wouldnt! lol

*for the record* we love you rj! :D your personality was just amazing! you brought a different shade of color in this trip!

lauro says:
rj dont be shy! :D hahahahaha you can talk heart to heart :D lol hahahahaha
RJ82 says:
i gotta admit davids got a cool hat. thats all. haha
lauro says:
NOW WERE TALKING! spill it rj! hahahahaha
our cute little motel!
thanks for the cheddar cheese davi…
thanks for the cheddar cheese dav…
the drinking game had begun!
me and big matt with his bandaged …
me and big matt with his bandaged…
rj was a mess that night and jeff …
rj was a mess that night and jeff…
Egilsstadir Hotels & Accommodations review
Vinland Motel: perfect for a camp break in iceland
vinland gisting (motel) is located in east iceland in the small town of egilsstaĆ°ir. it is a perfect break if you are tenting/roadtripping/camping ar… read entire review
Egilsstadir