My first time in Bali

Bali Travel Blog

I always wanted to go to Bali. I guess it was because everyone i knew never had a bad thing to say about Bali. Taking the opportunity of cheap flight by Air Asia and also the public holiday.

We arrive quite late and it was already dark, thanfully we alrady arrange for a driver  so we headed straight to our hotel, (Kuta Lagoon) . The hotel was situated about 10 mins from Kuta . It was a very nice cozy hotel although it had a lot of lizard.

The Sighseeing will only start on the next day. We did all the touristy thing. We started with watching the Barong and Kris dance at Stage Chandra Budaya, then we headed to Ubud where we visited the palace and did some shopping at the Ubud Market. We had a late lunch at Warung Murni, this place was recommended by a good friend of mine. The food is good (i only had fried rice) but the atmosphere was nice as it was situated next to a river. So it was kinda cooling after the shopping session at the market.

We then made our way to watch the Kecak Dance at Uluwatu, Also known as the Ramayana Monkey Chant and was i mesmerize by the dance. It is a dance  performed by a circle of 100 or more performers wearing checked cloth around their waists, percussively chanting "cak" and throwing up their arms, depicts a battle from the Ramayana  where the  Monkey like Vanara helped Prince Rama fight the evil King Ravana. It was so beautifully done with a background of the sunset. Simply Beautiful. I wouldnt mind watching it again.  After that we headed to Damos Restaurant Jimbaran for a nice seafood dinner by the beach.

On the 3rd day we decided to go to Bedegul, Bratan lake and also to Tanah lot. Unfortunetly we were late so we we're not able to cross the water to go to the temple.  Tanah lot was full of people and it was hard to find a place where no one is around ( only manage to get a few pictures here) . The 3rd day was pretty much spend shopping at Kuta town and Seminyak. We also decided to change change to a nearer to the beach hotel. Kuta Harris which was only 5 mins away from the beach!

And came the dreadful day. The day where we had to go back. But we manage to squeeze in some time at the beach where i had my tatoo done and also a 30mins massage. How i wish i had more time to learn surfing but there is always a next time.

I cannot wait for my next trip to Bali which will be in May next year. Its simply a place that i know i will never be bored off.

Bali Hotels & Accommodations review
Quite secluded hotel and is Very Quiet and peaceful. The pool table is situated outside the hotel and therefore you would not hear any noice coming fr… read entire review
Bali