From Papenburg to Farö / Danmark

Vordingborg Travel Blog

Bridge over the sund in Farö
True to the motto: "Don't waste time when travelling" we started our road trip to Norway on a friday afternoon right after I finished work. Closing time was at 1 p.m. and we were on the road at 3 p.m. After saying "bye bye" to my mom we (that's my bf Klaus, my dog Buddy and me) headed north-east to Farö / Danmark which should be our first stop.

Farö is always the first stop on my way to Sweden or Norway since I always get very seasick and avoid a long journey with a ferry. The rest area of Farö is located at a sund 50 km behind Rödby and 100 km ahead of Copenhagen. The chalk cliffs of Mon are only 10 km away. It's a huge area where you find motorhomes and trailers aswell as trucks to stay over night. You see it from the bridge which you have to cross and it looks like a huge campground.

We arrived the port of Puttgarden late since we had some awfull traffic jams around Hamburg which cost us more than 2 hours of time. But we had luck since we could enter the ferry to Rödby immediately and 50 minutes later we arrived Danmark. Another 30 minutes and we achieved our destination.

photo by: aloneinthecrowd