Meet Chircee - Heldenplatz, Michaelaplatz

Vienna Travel Blog

Wednesday the 09.09.09!!!

I forgot this when i met Chircee from the UK!!! A special day who will not come so fast anymore and i guess we both will never forget our first meet up on 09.09.09 ;)

I was sitting at work when i opened my TB and i was pleasantly surprised about my new message from Chircee!!! I was thinking she forget me because she didn't write me back!!! I know she was on travel and she has no internet but it was already wednesday where we want to met us!!! So i opend the message and she wrote that she are in Vienna now and she asked when and where we could met?! Later i saw she send me also a text message so it was easier for me to give her a meet up point. But how to explain someboday a meet up point who never been in Vienna befor? That could be a big problem!!! It were easy for me to say a Subwaystaiton by the cash machine or something like that but she will didn't find that!!! So i called her and ask where she is so i would come to her place.

Our walk trough Vienna

I arrived at Mariahilferstrasse to the place where we want to meet us. I was happy that i wear something salient on that day. A big bright yellow shirt!!! I would shine out by all the other people i was sure she will find me ;)

I across the street and right away i saw her!!! I was happy that everything gone so well.

She want to see something from Vienna and we took a long walk around the city and i show her a lot of famous sights here in Vienna. Look at my map!!! On the next day I type everything in google maps to see how much we walked. It was around 7 km!!!

Our route start at

A) Mariahilferstrasse, walked along the shopping street till

B) Maria Theresien Platz where the both famous museums are situated the Art History Museum and Natural History Museum we across the street to

C) Heldenplatz to see Hofburg the winter resident from empress Sissi later we past

D) Volksgarten to get to the Ring were are the

E) Parliament and the

F) City Hall situated walked a part along from the Ring Street above to the Freyung till

H) Michaelaplatz were is a part from the Hofburg situated and went to

J) St  Stephan's Cathedral later along the street to

L) Schwedenplatz and back to

K) St Stephan's Cathedral to the Subwaystation!

flying_dolphin7 says:
looooooooooooong walk Rose ;)
Posted on: Sep 15, 2009