Pirates in Tagbilaran City

Tagbilaran Travel Blog

Tagbilaran City really is a good base if you would prefer to commute to see the Bohol sights, such as the Chocolate Hills, Loboc River and the various centuries-old churches -- Baclayon among them.  I couldn't help but watch Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End on its first day of showing (simultaneous with Manila and I guess worldwide).  The funny thing was, Tagbilaran had very good cinemas (with Dolby Stereo Surround), but not as many people watched the movie.  In Manila, people would be lining up to see Captain Jack.  I had no problems getting a ticket, as late as an hour before the show!  Last full show is pretty early, though.  Around 8 p.m.

jilltrekker says:
Since you're just two, I'm sure you can rough it! Just go to the bus/fx terminal, and find a public "FX" van (aircon and more convenient) and inform the driver to drop you off at the Chocolate Hills junction at Carmen, your farthest stop and should be your first. Take a map, just keep asking around and take public transpo back to Tagbilaran City. That's just what I did: take jeeps or buses and stop over at every site, Chocolate-Loboc-Baclayon.
Posted on: Sep 16, 2007
dabenzstar says:
hi there, we'll be at bohol on sept. 27-29. we'll be staying at metrocentre hotel in tagbilaran city. can you please help us on how to go to chocolate hills, tarsier sanctuary, loboc river, loboc church, sandugo site and baclayon church. we're just two, is it advisable to hire a transport? thanks a lot....kindly email me at dabenzstar@yahoo.com
Posted on: Sep 12, 2007
Tagbilarans beautiful port.
Tagbilaran's beautiful port.
Tagbilaran Cathedral
Tagbilaran Cathedral
View from BQ Mall of the cathedral.
View from BQ Mall of the cathedral.
Pigeons!