Home at last

Manila Travel Blog

I had to buy my ticket by giving my credit card details over the phone to Cebu Pacific.  Turns out Boracay didn’t have a Cebu Pacific office for me to avail of my booking.  It was a travel agency that was selling the tickets at the Tourist Center, thus it would have cost me more. I woke up really early to make the 6:30 boat to Caticlan, only to find out that there would’ve been an earlier boat, beginning at 5:30.  I thought I’d be cutting it close, but the van driver at Caticlan said we’d make it in due time.  At the Kalibo airport I was supposed to get a printout of my e-ticket, but the frazzled girl at the counter only gave me a signed permission that was handwritten on a small rectangular piece of recycled paper. Apparently that was enough, because after an I.D. check I got my boarding pass.

Then I hit a snag, when the authorities found eye cream, cleansing gel and shampoo in my carry-on bag.  Since my backpack was already checked-in, I had to go out to the souvenir shops outside the airport to buy a bayong because my other bags were too small.  I found a woven fuchsia abaca bag that I could use, and after I put in the offending items and my belt bag, the shopkeeper very kindly wrapped it in plastic and sealed it with packing string.  The bag cost much less than my eye cream!

When I arrived at the Manila Domestic Airport, I queued like everyone else at the taxi stop. I liked this arrangement, because the taxis there usually use meter.  Only I forgot to check if the meter was running when I jumped in, and the wily driver (this was Manila!) charged me a flat rate. I was a bit peeved, but was too tired to argue.  I texted to my siblings who were all at work that I’d arrived.  I arrived home finally, and slept soon after I had lunch.  I just left my bags in the sala, intending to go over them later.  Sometime in the afternoon, I woke up thinking, "What the f---?" Our neighbour next door was singing "Bring me to Life" on karaoke, loud enough to wake the dead.  Darn it.  I was home.

jilltrekker says:
I'm glad to say they have moved away! Yay! You'll also love being back I'm sure. :-)
Posted on: Aug 13, 2008
arlene0725 says:
That was FUNNY another karaoke singer with a blarring voice. Yes, I guess you are back home. I'll be doing some real Karaoke at a bar in Quezon City when I visit - Nov 2008.
Posted on: Aug 12, 2008
jilltrekker says:
Oops, I meant pass. Hehe.
Posted on: Jun 14, 2007