Exploring Budapest

Budapest Travel Blog

Monday (Mar. 5), we spent the day in Budaörs resting and visiting with our friends. I was still feeling dizzy a lot, so I slept in and went to bed early.

Tuesday (Mar. 6), we went into town and saw the heart of Budapest. We went to the castle and just had a pleasant time walking around Buda. We stopped at a market and got gifts for everyone at home. Eggs are very popular here in Eastern Europe, so we bought a lot of those.

We walked across Chain Bridge to Pest and ate lunch at McDonald's...I can't believe we did that! LOL We went to the large covered market and looked around before heading back to Budaörs for our meetings.

After our meetings today, we went downtown to meet a couple who had moved from our hometown to Budapest for work. We arrived a little early, so we went to a shop and bought a set of small crystal glasses and a "secret box" that only opens if you know how to get the hidden key.

We ate at a wonderful Italian restaurant...I really wish I could remember the name. We were sitting at the table having a grand time when we realized it was midnight! We couldn't believe how fast time had flown!

Our friends dropped us off at the bus stop, but when we looked at the schedule, we realized that we had just missed our bus. Another wasn't coming for another hour. I was way too tired to wait. Thankfully, we had gotten an address and the phone number for the reliable taxi service before we left our meetings. I called for a taxi and we were able to get in bed around 1:00 AM instead of just leaving the bus stop at that time!

What a GREAT night!