Two Months until T-Day!

Plattsburgh Travel Blog

Hey everyone! So just under two months until Nichole and I embark on our journey to Africa this summer. We will be teaching in Dar es Salaam Tanzania for a little over a month. Our plane leaves June 29th at 6am out of Burlington. We fly to JFK in New York City where we board a plane to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. We have a short layover in Dubai before flying to Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. Overall including layovers the flight will be around 30 hours! That's if everything goes smoothly. We have been on top of things pretty well regarding the preparations and planning. We have our passports, plane tickets, recieved our vaccinations, etc. There are just a few things to take care of before we head out. I think we are going to try and book a safari before we leave. (Some of the literature we have read recently has urged us to do so). Our other major concern is determining what we will be teaching and what resources we should contribute. We'd like to get some books and other reusable resources together and hopefully ship them over before we leave. I'd personally like to gather some donated soccer gear to provide to the students. So if anyone has any supplies they would like to donate let us know! Thanks for all the support guys! We surely couldn't do this without the support of our family and friends. Hopefully I'll be updating this regularly before we leave as well as while we are in Tanzania. Cheers!

Damien