From the Green Mountains to the White Mountains!

Warren Travel Blog

I'm actually going to start this before I start the real trip across country since I've already seen some cool places. I'll be uploading some pics while I go as well. For those of you curious, the cat in some of them is my travel buddy, Ashley Cat. I'm not crazy...or am I?
To start off, Vermont is such a chill state. We stayed in Warren and traveled to Waterbury, Shelbourne, and Quechee. Ben and Jerry's factory was a fun place to visit. The weekends attracted a bunch of people, so go during the week. In Shelbourne, we found an awesome little winery called Shelbourne Vineyards. We met the owner and got a chance to really check out the place. They had some great icewine. Magic Hat Brewery was close by, so we stopped there for a tour and tasting as well. Day two was fun in the water at a little swimming hole on route 100 across from the Sugarbush Mountain access road. Although I didn't get to explore too much, what I saw of the Mad River Valley was beautiful. Before going back into New Hampshire, we stopped in Quechee, VT to check out the Vermont Institute of Natural Science where beautiful raptors are housed and healed. It's a great place for those of you into birds like I am. They also have some interesting nature trails and a short walk away from the Quechee Gorge. You stand on a road bridge and look down into this crazy deep gorge. I'm afraid of heights, so it was ridiculously scary. I'm a wimp. Oh well. Still fun.