Bleary eyed and exhausted, but excited and ready to get going.

Wisconsin Travel Blog

My trip started in the late afternoon in my hometown of Madison, Wisconsin. I seemed to have a determination that I would pack for my 2-week expedition with just a backpack, but that I would also ride my bike to the airport from my house. It seems that packing just one bag doesn't necessarily equate to packing light. My bag felt quite heavy, especially as I pedaled my way to the airport. It was a bit warm and by the time I arrived at the airport I could feel that I was sweating pretty good. But no worries, plenty of time to cool down and dry off prior to my flight. I was extremely fortunate in that the problem that came up with my bike didn't arise until I was literally 20 feet from the parking ramp. That's something I'll have to deal with when I get home, but a few weeks until that comes along so no more worries about it.

A pretty standard flight from Madison to Minneapolis, which only lasts about an hour. I was in a great row of fellow passengers. A musician originally from Atlanta but now lives in New York, and a school teacher, painter, farmer, and hunter from Montana who is originally from Wisconsin. So we struck up a good conversation for about 15 minutes until both of them passed out and I enjoyed the Sunday newspaper. Upon arriving in Minneapolis the musician had to run off and catch his quick connection to New York while the teacher and I had a couple of hours to kill. So, what better way to kill time than over dinner and a few beers. I haven't done any drinking in 2 years, but it felt like an appropriate time to relax that rule. And by the time I boarded my flight to Amsterdam to catch a connecting flight to Europe I had found a great new friend.
Jacqinmiddenamerika says:
Congrats on your featured blog! Way to go! :-)
Posted on: Sep 07, 2009
junjunph says:
Congrats on your featured blog!
Posted on: Sep 06, 2009
HCSmooth66 says:
Yeah, 2 years in Madison without a beer. It is possible. But it wasn't when I was a student :) Wait, I was a perfect angel.
Posted on: Sep 06, 2009