AsiaIndiaJaipur

Chandigarh to Jaipur

Jaipur Travel Blog

Was a bit of a trek....somehow i arranged things so that i would catch the train to delhi, and then a flight from jaipur...i can only put it down to too many cooks in the india-planning kitchen.  it would have made more sense to have stuck to the trains, of course, assuming that they would be on time so i don't have any problems with catching the connecting trains.

from the new delhi station, i took a taxi to the domestic airport, he quoted 300RS and we agreed on 250RS.  (please no sniggers about my haggling skills, i am well aware that they are poor!).  when i got there, the flight was actually cancelled! great!  fortunately, i could get a seat on a flight out an hour later but for 1000RS more...c'est la vie.

i spent the next 5 hours in the airport, with my books and good ole maria callas.  its strangely a world a way from the india outside.  not a single person spoke to me, besides to complete the usual formalities.

the flight was an hour late taking off, but come 6pm, i was on my way to the pink city.  time for a snooze....

fast forward 3 hours later, i was in the spanking new terminal of the jaipur airport.  unfortunately there wasn't any bus services into the city or autorickshaws, so its taxi at 330 RS from the prepaid booth.  at least he could find my hostel fairly quickly, and i was ready to kiss the ground of my beautiful heritage hostel - krishna palace in Bani Park.

Jaipur Hotels & Accommodations review
a lovely stay, but they need to improve their food
I booked through hotelbookers, for 2 nights at first, but ended up staying a further night. my room had no ac for 550RS, and breakfast is not include… read entire review
Jaipur