Putrajaya revisited

Putrajaya Travel Blog

The first time I came here, I didn't even realize where I was. The city was under construction: a planned city. Putrajaya is still being built, but the basic foundations of the city were securely in place by my second visit. The actual infrastructural planning is not as impressive as other planned cities I've been to, like Canberra, but Putrajaya is easily a much prettier city than most (if not all other) cities in Malaysia. The main mosque (and it's pink) is very impressive sitting alongside a large lake in the center of the city. Next to that is the government's administrative building. And a very unique bridge spans this lake. I doubt the design of the bridge is for anything other than decoration though, but it is still picturesque. Residences in the city must follow strict codes of external appearance so that the city does not turn into...well, just any other city in Malaysia. The convention center with its wings sit atop a hill that passing motorists can clearly see. And a number of foreign companies have set up offices or distribution centers in the city's outskirts. Each time I go back to Putrajaya, it has grown a little bit more.

photo by: realrv6