Historic Santa Fe

Santa Fe Travel Blog

Maybe it is just New Mexico, but I really liked Santa Fe as well. The most noticeable thing about the city is that the buildings (almost all of them) follow building codes, where they either have Spanish colonial architecture or a local Southwest style. I didn't notice any tall buildings either. The old town square, like Albuquerque, has some interesting tourist-minded shops with some nice souvenirs, and the Native American vendors sitting in front of the Palace of the Governors selling their jewelry is different for me. There are quite a few museums and art galleries in Santa Fe, including the Georgia O'Keefe Museum (which I thought was fairly average but with NO parking). With ice on the ground, the town is both beautiful and disgusting (think orangey mud sludge). Canyon Road is a must...drive down here to view the dozens of art galleries and see some of their larger pieces displayed in front of the shops. I'd also recommend driving 7-8 miles out of town to the Hyde Park to check out the environment, where I saw a coyote and fell into a 2-foot deep snow bank. Really liked Santa Fe.

magnificent says:
Out of the 20 or so US city I've been this is my favorite. I appreciated the energy here. Thanks for your share.
Posted on: May 08, 2010