Florida's capital city

Tallahassee Travel Blog

Anytime my family took a road trip and we passed through Tallahassee on Interstate 10, I would always suggest we stop in to see the state capital. My parents would disagree, arguing that there was nothing to do or see in Tallahassee. So up until the point where I started studying at FSU, I had never been there. But I liked it a lot...and still do. It's a small city, for sure, but it's very active with the multiple large universities it hosts. You could say it is a college town...except that it does have a life without academia. The arts scene is big, and it has a fascinating history. And for any nature lovers, this is about as green as you can get for a Florida city. With all the college students, the entertainment scene is full on, albeit, I feel old now when I go back! And in North Florida, Tallahassee is it. It is not a quick drive to any other city (and by that, I am referring to Pensacola and Jacksonville, FL, and Macon, GA...not exactly showstoppers), so what you need to have in the city is already there (or you aren't getting it). It is worth heading up to the top floor of the newer capital building and peering out over the green city.

photo by: Cho