Boarding the Sun Princess

Vancouver Travel Blog

We both finally gave up trying to sleep at 6:00 AM. Our ship, the Sun Princess, which we expected to dock right below our window was still not in but it arrived about 6:30. It's a great looking ship with a lot of open deck. We ate breakfast in the hotel's atrium, then walked on the pier in light rain. We went back and hung around the room 'til 11:30, checked out and boarded quickly from the bottom of the hotel. They started boarding at noon and we stepped aboard at 12:10. One thing I'll say about Princess; they handle crowds well. Our cabin was A421, Aloha deck, starboard side, amidships. After dropping the carry-on in the room, we ate lunch in the Horizons Court on Lido deck and explored the ship. I got back off and took pictures of the ship and, since our side faced the pier and there was a walkway at about the same level as our deck, of Linda on our balcony.
We'd met Ken and Carmen when we were standing in line to board and I mentioned to Lin that, based on the last cruise, we'd never see them again. I was wrong; we met them twice more while waiting to sail. We stood with them as we sailed at about 5:50, 20 minutes late. Once under way, we came down and got ready for dinner, then sat in the Wheelhouse Lounge, swapping jokes with the waiter, Robbie, from England. Our table, #61, in the Marquis Dining Room was in a good spot in the center at the far end. It was a table for 6 and all of us were from PA now or originally! Paul and Ann live in Lansdale; Frank and Pat live in Memphis but grew up in PA, Frank in Wilkes-Barre, the town where I work!  After dinner we went to the show in the theater but it was only so-so.  After the show, we went straight to bed at 11:30. Given a 3 hour loss due to time zones, it was a long day!
Koralifix says:
Congrats on this featured blog! Very well done!
Posted on: Sep 10, 2009