Day 2 - New York (NY) to Annapolis (MA)

New York Travel Blog

After I good nights sleep, I was so ready to begin the adventure. I very quickly decided to leave New York and head south because I'm going to end up in New York when I'm going home, so I will finish off with the Big Apple. Also I was really itching to get on the road in the mustang! :)

I do not want to plan my tour route to the details, I'd rather go road by road, day by day, sight by sight. I headed south, towards Philadelphia and Bel Air (wanted to see if it resembled that of the 90s TV show starring Will Smith. If is does, I didn't find it, so after doing some more shopping, I continued towards Baltimore - aka "Birdland".

By the way, I was unpleasantly surprised that there was many toll road around NY. It gave me a scare as I saw a lot of money spent like this throughout my US tour. I googled it and found it is mostly present on the east coast. Oh well, it's all apart of travelling slightly unprepared :)

Nice city, shopped some more and visited the Baltimore baseball stadium where I learned Babe Ruth was born in 1895. The day was almost over and I headed for a Motel 8 close to Annapolis. I was a bit scared off the NY motel price last night ($140) so the $65 room in Annapolis was a welcome, however I do have to cut down on the lodging expenses. After all I have a nice tent in the trunk.
New York