AsiaIndiaJaipur

Jaipur | tired and wanna go home

Jaipur Travel Blog

Mehndi Lagake Rakhna from 1995 Bollywood hit Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge

After seeing my 4th wonders of the world, I headed to Jaipur- The city of Victory, a gateway to desert state of Rajashtan. Been travelling over a month and started feeling very tiring commuting on daily basis town to town, places to places. Much hyped about this Pink City, I find it pretty much similar to any other northern Indian city except the modern rectangular town planning inside the old city wall which fa├žade been painted reddish pink.

I always thought India is a fantasy land as portrayed by it's films. Because I'm such a fan of Bollywood movie( the most elaborate and box-office one) I was hoping one of my travel day I could stumbled into singing and dancing scene on the street LOL. Yes I know I live in a fantasy Indian world! One of the movie and songs that I never get bored watching in listening is Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. The melodic songs, the beautiful Indian woman, the dance moves, the costume AMAZES me. But it's all only in the most extravagant fantasy story line that nowhere to be seen in the real Indian life. So in the end I only hearing the local playing the songs and singing the tune that I used to listen.

herman_munster says:
I would like to explore the South as you suggested, next time perhaps ;)
Posted on: Jan 23, 2010
Vikram says:
Interesting blog and observation about Bollywood movies. Yep, Indian movies are intentionally made to be a far far cry from reality unike Hollywood because I think Indians are more obsessed with enjoying fantasy in cinema. Although I do wish you'd visited kerala and Mysore on your trip to India. Too much of the north it seems ;-)
Posted on: Jan 02, 2010
Mehndi Lagake Rakhna from 1995 Bo…
Face of Jaipur