Rotterdam

Rotterdam Travel Blog

Marc didn’t want to go to work on Monday but Sweder and I were trying to convince him to do so. I didn’t want to cause him any problems.

When I woke up a little after 6 am the next day, Marc was already awake, he told me that he’d decided to go to work and that we should meet at the central station at 5pm. Then he left.

It was very early but I started the day. I took a shower, watched TV, surfed on the net, washed the pile of dirty dishes, double checked if I got everything what I need for the day (coz if I close the door I’m not able to go back inside) then went to the supermarket to get some food. I found the store easily (okay I’ve been there with Marc before, but I’m a girl, I always have problems with orientation). I didn’t have any problem to find the bus stop either; and about 40 minutes later I was at the train station buying my tickets to Rotterdam.

This was a difficult task, coz the ticket vending machines only accept coins or cards but no bank notes and I needed about 18 euros in coins. So I went to one of the stores to buy sparkling water to get coins. (When I was shopping Marc called me that he left his cell phone on the train so I can’t contact him and I have to be sure that I can get back from Rotterdam till 5 pm.) I bought my ticket but had a hard time to find the track from where my train was leaving, but I finally made it.

When I got to Rotterdam my first thing was to search for a tourist information office. I needed some ideas what to do/see there. I usually do some research about what to see in a city but not this time. I got some flyers and a map in the office. I was following the map’s walking tour route that’s how I got to the Erasmus bridge. It’s huge and looks really cool. I sat down on the stairs at the canal bank for a while and admired the nice buildings on the other side. I loved the city and the fact that I got there on my own. It would’ve been really cool if Marc could be there, too. But at least I proved myself that I’m capable of not getting lost when I’m alone in a foreign country. I was sight seeing for a couple of more hours then I realized I gotta go back to the train station soon. I was lucky, I didn’t have to wait a lot for my train and I got back to Utrecht at 4:55. A couple of minutes later Marc arrived, too and we went to the Subway to get our dinner. Then we went to a phone store to buy him a new SIM card then headed home.

Unfortunately I don’t have many pix of Rotterdam, coz the batteries of my camera died a little after I started exploring the city...(I was charging them all night long...)

Rotterdam