Amsterdam

Amsterdam Travel Blog

We went to the central station, got our tickets (unfortunately noone came to check our tickets, so we wasted a lotta money, but you can never know...). We didn't had to wait a lot for the train, which was a "double decker" train. And since we don't have these kinda trains in Hungary, we had to travel on the top of course :) The train ride was 30 mins long.
At frist Marc took me to a statue what was made for the memory of the soldiers  who died in WWII. We sat down on the stairs there and downed our beers. Then we continued our sight seeing tour. We had lunch at the Subway - I found out that Marc doesn't like the subway-cookies. But anyway he was very patient when I took him into every souvenir store coz I couldn't decide what to buy for my friends. (In the end I bought some magnets and an orange Amsterdam belt -this one was for me!)
I loved Amsterdam, I loved the buildings, the canals and anywhere i looked people were biking.
central train station

Early in the evening we went to the Red Light District to see the hookers. It was weird, girls standing at the doors of little rooms and they were smiling and waving at the people going by.
We finished our Amsterdam tour at a shop where we bought two Dutch muffins for the next day:)

It was still kinda early when we got back to Utrecht, so Marc showed me around in the city center. We walked by the canal bank, watched the people waterbiking and I was amazed at those cute houses. It was soo cool! We visited the Red Light District there,too, which is a bit smaller than the RLD in Amsterdam.
This evening Marc wanted to show me the other rock bar in Utrecht. It's called U Rock and it's pretty cool,too. We were drinking beer and talking there for a couple of hours. Marc taught me how to ask for the bill in Dutch. So when we wanted to go home I told the barman "Mag ik de rekening?". But he didn't get me, so i got confused and asked for the bill in English. Marc told me that it was nothing wrong with my Dutch and it was the guy's fault that he couln't understand me. But i guess he knew it,too coz we got a free glass of beer :) We drank it and went home.
me