Prologue

Budapest Travel Blog

I first heard about Marc from Steph and Wayne when I was in Chesterfield this February. They also told some things about me to Marc; and a couple of weeks later we were chatting on TB and on Facebook. Soon the idea came: we should party together. So I started to look for plane/coach tickets to the Netherlands and I found out that Eurolines bus company sells cheap tickets on the internet and their busses stop in Utrecht (the city where Marc lives). Perfect! The journey from Budapest to Utrecht takes 22 hours, but who cares?! I have time! I have two months long summer break. So we fixed the dates and I was looking forward my trip very much.

Time passed fast, i had a busy summer especially the week before my trip, coz I was partying at the Sziget music festival all week, but I had time to buy some Hungarian beers for Marc. (Yep, my backpack was FULL of beers!)

The coach was leaving august 20th at 15:30 from Népliget Coach Station. My parents and one of my best friends, Judit came with me to say goodbye. The bus was full of Sziget people, who were sick, like me so we were coughing all along the way (no, not the Mexican flu, just common cold). I was very tired (I was sleeping only 3,5 hours every night during the festival period), and my cold was killing me, but i couldn’t get much sleep on the coach. We stopped in Vienna, Nürnberg, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, Eindhoven on our way. I always got off the bus to stretch my legs and i was talking to a belgian and an australian guy. (We were talking about the Sziget of course!)

nomaden says:
Are u sure ur bringing a backpack or a coleman (cooler)? Nyahaha..
Posted on: Sep 01, 2009