Just call me Señorita Lindsay

San Jose Travel Blog

I'm officially TEFL certified! Now, the job search really begins. No real leads yet, but we're staying here with María and the family until we find jobs and a place to live. I'm going to Manuel Antonio with four of my girlfriends today until Wednesday and then it's business time on Thursday. Maricruz, my host sister, is going to help me go around to some business and shove my Curriculum Vitae in their faces.

The end of the course went really well. At the beginning of practical teaching, I was nervous and really uncomfortable with it, but I really bonded with my students throughout the week and now I feel much more comfortable teaching ESL. Sherry and Nate, our TEFL instructors, took turns observing us every day (and we were graded with "needs improvement, good or excellent"), and Shannon and I were the only ones in the class to receive excellents during the entire week! So that made me feel good and hopefully I can show that off to employers too...

We had an "international party" with everyone involved at Máximo Nivel last night and it was really fun to hang out with everyone from my class, people who are volunteering with the company, and a bunch of the English students. A few of the students are around my age and are really cool, so I'm sure I'll hang out with them again within the next year or so.

Well, I'm off to the playa. Hasta pronto!
San Jose