Flight without food

Paris Travel Blog

People are out to screw me.  It's true, but knowing that in advance helps me cope.  When I got to Boston I didn't realize that my flight to Europe (flight to Paris, one hour stopover, then flight to Madrid) was not Delta but Air France.  OK, no big deal, what do I care?  Except that Delta only put in for kosher meal that I requested for the Delta branded flights.  So I had no food on my long Air France flight, after not have eating breakfast or lunch, and right before I began a three week no-food diet.  Great way to start the trip.  Thus I started depleting my Balance Bar stock immediately.  At least it decreases the weight.  My backpack is 10 lbs. heavier than I'd like, and most of it's food, so I'm happy any time I use up anything.  Until I run out of food at least.

Other than that, the plane ride was uneventful.  The transfer in Paris, which I thought was cutting it really close, especially considering I had to go through passport control during that one hour, went off without a hitch.  I landed in Paris at around 0600, and I got to my Madrid flight just as they began boarding at 0645.
wherezmiriam says:
glad to see you made your connecting flight.
Go balance bars, go:)