New York City - Day Ten

New York Travel Blog

Today is my final day in New York City. This place has been a huge highlight of my trip, it is just the sort of place I would like to live in for so many different reasons. At the same time I am glad to be going because it starts to get a bit tedious checking out a city on your own, even one as awesome as this.

This morning I packed my bags, checked out of my hostel, and went back to Barking Dog for lunch. The food there is really good and not too expensive, I reckon it is worth a visit if you are on the Upper East Side. I watched the last half of the Paraguay v Japan World Cup game where Paraguay won on penalties.

Now I am in Central Park on the grass in the sun typing this up. I just walked about a quarter of the way around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir. It is a good view to look out over it with the treeline behind it, and then the Manhattan skyline behind that.

Tonight I have a red eye flight to Reykjavik, Iceland. I get in at about 6am and then including tomorrow I have three full days in Iceland. I am not entirely sure what I want to do there because it all looks very expensive, but I will probably at least do a trip to the famous Blue Lagoon hot springs. After Iceland I fly out early morning for the trip to Cairo, via a long stop over in London.
New York