Dam that pesky internet

Winchester Travel Blog

Hey! How's tricks? So it's been frickin ages since I last wrote. And if I'm honest this feels more like a diary than a blog but who cares! But an update is what you and I are here for so here goes!
Latest, We've all paid up! wahoo! Slight problems/changes in plans. Were now flying to Newark instead of JFK and were now not picking the car up from Manhatten but JFK airport. So a bit of toooing and frowing is going to be going on! We have a random choice in car as well. They (An unnamed holiday package company) can not give me an exact car brand that we will be driving. For some reason.
We can only have a hard top convertible if we want a convertible because of insurance reasons and the fact were driving across the country. So originally it was either going to be a Chrysler Sebring or a Ponitac G6. Now they've changed hire car companies to Holiday Autos and looking at there website they either do Saab 93 or Volvo S40. So I got no idea what were gonna end up with! Steve should be ringing up to see if we can get confirmation but i'm not holding my breath. As long as we don't end up with a crappy small non convertible I'll be fine. But I'll go frickin ballistic if we do!
Bout 7 weeks to go people. Ain't time travel scary!?!? Peace out
vila says:
Hello to Winchester!
Landing in NJ and picking up the car in Long Island, NY? Better check the transport to JFK. Last time I landed at La Guardia in Queens, and had to go to a smalltown nearby JFK. My friends warned me that taxis don't always go outside their borough, so I was a bit nervous about finding one that would take me all the way to Long Island. Eventually I did, and it cost a little fortune (80$).
If you decide on public transport, you'd most probably have to go to Penn Station in Manhattan. From there there are regularly trains (LIRR) to JFK (takes about 40 minutes).
You know what car I'd choose? A 1969 Chevy Impala :) It's big as a living room and fast enough to take you anywhere. Hmmm, but I guess a Volvo would do, too ;)
Enjoy your time travel :)
Posted on: Feb 13, 2010