Back to La Paz, blessing the fact that there have been no bus blockades

La Paz Travel Blog

Off the night bus, and I stuffed away the sleeping bag and took off a few layers of clthing, then myself and the girls from the tour were off walking the streets of La Paz on the hostel hunt at about 8 am.  We left Maria to the Adventrue Brew, which looked really good but was about twice the price of El Solario that I had stayed at previously so I showed Louisa and Emma to there.

We couldn't get a room until 10:30 but the shower was great!! Top ten showers ever I think, despite the fact that it was a tiny stream of intermittently hot water.  This is where your shower standards get to on the road :)  I joined the girls around town for a bit of an organisation day (aftre brekky at the Cafe next to Hostal Naira,muesli with fruit was delicious!)  Then it was on to Jaguar tours (I should be getting a commission from them!) where the girls also took my recommendation of a Pampas tour.

Now around La Paz one thing you'll see many offers for are downhill bikerides along 'Death road' which you basically ride down about 3000m over 60 km along this incredibly dangerous road, sounds good right ?  We booked in with 'downhill madness' and by association with the girls I got the student discount of $50 (rather than $55) on a rear-shock bike.

Wandered along down one of the more main roads Av 16 de Julio, found a LAN office for the girls to book in Pampas flights but it was closed so had to return again later in which time Em had lost her hoody!  I also managed to confirm my flights home (which is always good) and that I get 2 bags of 23 kg for the flight back so I could do a bit of shopping!

Finally showed the girls to Al Amir (my arabian favourite) and we were all suffering from some night bus backlash so it was a bit of an early night.

La Paz