Week end in Melbourne

Melbourne Travel Blog

I am leaving Sydney for a week end to go to Melbourne. I hear quite often that Melbourne is a great place to live. It is hard to imagine how it could be better than Sydney, but people say it is! The only disadvantage they point out is the weather. I will not have any problem with it during my stay as the forecast for the week end is sun with 35 degrees.

I am flying on Friday night and flying back in Monday morning, so I can make the most of my stay in the town. I finally chose to stay in Melbourne, even though I hesitated to do a trip to the National Park nearby or to Phillip Island to watch penguins.
The flight with Tiger Airways was cheap.

I arrived around 23.30 at the airport, and went straight to the hotel in the city. Just by going through the town it was obvious the atmosphere was different from Sydney. The architecture stroke me first. Even if Sydney has very nice buildings (QVB - Queen Victoria Building), Melbourne architecture is very rich with Victorian buildings, churches and very design constructions all around. I loved the mix between the time periods. See you tomorrow Melbourne!
Melbourne Hotels & Accommodations review
My first luxury hotel experience
First of all, I want to warn you that my review my be biased as I had never stayed in such a luxury hotel before. I still share my experience, even if… read entire review
Melbourne