Kangaroo Island

Kangaroo Island Travel Blog

I booked a tour from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island for 3 days (19th-21st). We were around 15 people traveling in a minibus. We could chose to sleep in swags under the stars or in rooms of around 5 people.

As I loved it during my trip in the Outback, I slept outside in the swags. The place was a lot colder than in the outback, and if it did not disturb me during the night, it was quite hard to go out of the swag in the morning ^^

Kangaroo Island was a very good trip. Because of its isolation from the mainland, the island has been protected. It is the perfect place to see animals.

We met wallabies, koalas, penguins, seals, birds... It was incredible. I will never forget being sat on this beach with sea lions all around waking up (or playing for the youngest).

We were told by the guide not to approach them: they are wild animals, not pets. So when a little one started to slide close to me, I wanted to move away. The guide told me not to: if we must not approach them, they can approach us! While the sea lion was getting closer, he explained the young ones are quite curious, and it may even come closer to smell me. It was such a moment with the young animal watching me! But I know they are not cuddly toys and it was now something like 1.5 meter from me... and I was actually glad it never came to smell me!

At the Bird of Prey, we encountered birds of different kinds. When I was a child, I used to love kingfishers. I had the amazing opportunity to have one of them (a Kookaburra) on my arm! Seeing wild penguins was a dream coming true as well.

As you may have noticed if you follow my blogs: I love rocks. And Kangaroo Island has the Remarkable Rocks.

I will never forget this island!

Kangaroo Island Sights & Attractions review
Good experience to learn and encounter birds
I learnt a lot about birds during the show. It was very well done. Birds presented were free, the presentation was very interactive (it actually can't… read entire review
Kangaroo Island Sights & Attractions review
Cape du Couedic in Australia!
The name of this lighthouse and its location captured my attention. "Du Couedic" sounded like home (Brittany, western part of France), but I was actua… read entire review
Kangaroo Island