Horse riding, sea and sand...

Anna Bay Travel Blog

The beginning of the day was very cloudy and even rainy while being on the road from Tea Garden to Anna Bay. Once we reached Anna Bay, it started to get better, while people told us there was almost like a storm in Sydney: we were so lucky during this week end!

The Race Course and all the horses we saw the day before made us feel like doing horse-riding in the countryside. We did a 1 hour walk, it was really fun as I had not ridden a horse for maybe 15 years (last time was also my first time ^^). I was not feeling comfortable, in addition my horse was the only one to go his own way not caring at all about what I was trying to order him (he stopped eating, tried to pass horses in front of him instead of queuing, did not follow the paths...), but it was still a nice outing. I do not feel Nature the same way while riding a horse, I may do it again soon...!

Then, we went to Anna Bay as we saw pictures of Sand Dunes that looked amazing. And it was amazing. On one side, the sea with surfers and waves (even if the red flag was on and the water temp announced "for the brave only"). On the other side, the desert! The scenery is really surprising. There is dunes, 30km long and 1km wide. We walk for 1 hour there and we really felt like being in the desert when watching around. So different from anything I have ever seen!
I am so happy of this spot we went to. Moreover, we had a lovely weather finally!
Anna Bay