Last Day in Scotland

Edinburgh Travel Blog

"Beach" in Edinburgh
We left Stirling and headed direction Edinburgh where we passed our last day of this so far wonderful holiday. The hotel in Edinburgh was already booked from home and with the GPS we had no problem finding it *lol*.

After leaving the luggage and the car at the hotel we took the bus from the hotel to city center of Edinburgh. We were dropped of at the Old Carlton Burying Ground. From there we moved direction Edinburgh Castle. We went there with the intention to visit it, but again the high entrance fee (13.00 GBP per person) was to expensive for us.

We had lunch in a very nice pub just around the corner of the castle. Before leaving from home I told my Girlfriend "I will try Haggis!". I was very close to order it, but a couple at the table next to us has ordered it and as I saw it I changed my mind ;o). I can't say that it looked unappetizing... it was again....just a feeling ;o).

After lunch we went to a shopping mall near the meeting point with the bus and had a nice cup of ice cream. It was also the first day since we have arrived that it was not raining - it was sunny and warm. It was that sunny that my Girlfriend got a light sunburn in the face *lol* (I know - it's not funny).

We spent the remains of the day back in our hotel with a nice glass of beer on the terrace watching the sundown behind the Scottish Highlands.
Beach in Edinburgh
"Beach" in Edinburgh
Castle of Edinburgh
Castle of Edinburgh
Sunset seen from the terrace of ou…
Sunset seen from the terrace of o…
Edinburgh Hotels & Accommodations review
It was fun staying there. The average age of the guests there is around 20 - 25. The staff was very friendly and also very helpful. We got a r… read entire review
Edinburgh