Arrival in Glasgow

Glasgow Travel Blog

The Horse Shoe Pub in Glasgow
As we arrive in Glasgow it's already getting dark...no Sightseeing today. We went to the car hire desk inside the airport to pick up the hired car I booked via Internet (I booked a Ford Fiesta - I'm used of it from home). We get the papers and the key and the description where it is parked. Leaving the airport building it begins to rain ;o). We arrived at the parking and where looking for the Ford Fiesta...no Ford Fiesta on the parking. Yes, of course I have read the contract I signed for the car but I forgot immediately what was written in it as I left the desk. Now was the first time I looked on the keys. The car rental company gave us an upgrade...cool - a KIA.

Next problem...there are a lot of KIA's here ;o). After pressing on the remote control several times we finally found it.
Cappuccino "Police"

It was the first time I had to drive myself on the left side...I didn't panic, but I was a bit nervous. Not only that in Scotland everyone is driving "on the wrong side of the road", no, even the direction indicator and the windscreen wiper are mirror-inverted.

At home I have printed the description from the Airport to our hotel...as I already told, it was my first time driving on the left. We got totally lost and came out on the international Airport of Glasgow *lol*.

I went inside looking for the HERTZ desk, maybe I can get a GPS. Miracle!!! They got one AND in 5 days it has to be at the Airport in Edinburgh, that's just perfect.

3 hours after landing in Glasgow we finally made it to our hotel. On the route description which I printed at home, it says 20 minutes *lol*

After having a horrible pizza from a small shop around the corner of the hotel we went to bed for our first night in Scotland.
The tube in Glasgow

We woke up around 8 o'clock, checked out, left our luggage at the reception and went downtown with the public bus.  10 minutes later we were at the main railway station and started exploring the city.

To be honest: We didn't like Glasgow very much. I can't tell you even why. It was just a...feeling. But, what we enjoyed in Glasgow was the ride with the tube (I guess it's not built for tall people like me - almost 2 metres *lol*) and the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum. We spent almost 3 hours inside.

After the visit of the museum we searched for the right bus to get back to our hotel and continued to explore Scotland.
Cappuccino Police
Jurassic Park...5???
Jurassic Park...5???
A real plane inside the museum
A real plane inside the museum
The main hall of Kelvingrove Art G…
The main hall of Kelvingrove Art …
Glasgow Hotels & Accommodations review
The "problem" with this so called Guest House is, that there is no sign outside which indicates "Here it is!". The staff was friendly but not reall… read entire review
photo by: terminalfunk