This day couldn't have gone better!!

London Travel Blog

I slept like a log last night, especially since the whole day was busy with wedding stuff.  I got up , showered and then headed back down to London to drop off a friend who was headed back to the States this morning.  My flight didn't leave until 4:30pm so I decided to put my bags in a locker and head into London for the day.  What makes this day so special is that I am meeting up with my friend Anca.  I met Anca almost exactly 11 years ago to the day while on my first ever international trip.  I was on the last night of my month long trip and it ended with 3 days in Paris.  I met Anca at the hotel where I was staying and we began chatting away talking about our travels.  She was finishing up her trip as well and was headed back to the States.

So.. long story short we ended up keeping in touch for a few years but then went our separate ways until about 6 months ago when I found her on Facebook (god I love that site!!). I found out that she was studying for her Masters in Economics at a school in London.  When I told her I was coming, we arranged to meet for the day.  I met her at Trafalgar square around 10:30am and we walked around just spending time catching up.  I love London and have been several times before, but it's always so much fun to walk the city with a friend.  We stopped for a coffee in a cafe in Leicster Square and continued catching up.  Before I knew it, I needed to catch the tube back to Heathrow for my flight home.
  We said our goodbyes and before I knew it, I was back at the airport.

I checked in for my flight to Washington Dulles on United Airlines, then headed straight for the Star Alliance Lounge (gotta love being an elite member!!).  I had a drink or two before it was time to board.  I headed over to the gate and as they scanned my boarding pass, the machine beeped and the agent stopped me from proceeding. I was nervous for about a second until she handed me a new boarding pass that had me sitting in Business Class for the whole way home (once again.. I love being an elite member.. it definitely has its perks!!!)!!!.  So it was the perfect way to end my summer trip to Europe.  This trip had me catching up with friends in 4 different cities in 3 countries!!  I love the life I lead!!! :)

photo by: ulysses