Crazy Day in Berlin!

Berlin Travel Blog

Today is my second day in this awesome city!!  I woke up this morning feeling pretty good (considering the lack of sleep and abundance of alcohol from the day before), and ready to start my day.  After showering I went downstairs to eat breakfast.  For five euros I gorged on fruit, eggs, bread, cereal, yoghurt and tonnes of coffee!!  Dave (the Aussie from the night before) was already downstairs eating so I joined him.  Soon after Dagmar came and we began planning our day.  A bike tour company called "Fat Tire" was doing a 4.5 hour (14K) bike tour of the city for 20 euros so we all decided to participate.  The crazy Uruguain girl from last night decided to come too and we were soon making our way to the famous TV Tower (where the tour started).

Our guide was from New Zealand and he was giving us all a briefing on the day's plan and before I knew it we were off!

Over the next few hours we rode bikes all though the city stopping along the way to get descriptions of each place (and of course to take photos). About half way through we stopped at a beer garden for about an hour to "refuel" our bodies before heading on.  We met another American (Kevin) from California who was really cool, so we stayed with him for the rest of the time.

The tour ended around 4 o'clock and from there we decided to chill out for a couple of hours before meeting up at 7pm for a pub crawl through Berlin.  I should have taken a nap because I was pretty exhausted but like a real trooper I stayed up until it was time to go.

The pub crawl started around 8pm.  The cost was 10 euros and it included a welcome drink (a beer of course!), entrance to 4 bars and one night club.  It also gave us a number of free shots and discounts on drinks.  As you can imagine I basically spent the next 9 hours (yes 9 hours) walking around Berlin feeling quite good.  Dagmar left sometime around 3am and then Kevin did shortly there after.  We lost Dave sometime around 1 or 2 (I think) (only to find out later that he ended up on the wrong side of the city somehow!!).  I met some girls who were from the UK and since i used to live there we had much in common to talk about. I found out half way through the night that the 4 girls all give me the wrong name.. haha!!  But fortunately my no sleeze-ball personality charmed the real ones out of them!! :)

Once we left the last club, we all went to a kebab house to grab some food before heading back to their hostel for a bit.  I finally headed back to my hostel at 5:30am.  No.. not to go to sleep, but to shower before heading to the airport for my flight to Spain.  It's going to be a longgggg day!!!

Berlin Sights & Attractions review
Great way to see the city and get your exercise!!
If you've ever wanted to work out while seeing Berlin (and it doesn't involve jogging) then check out the Fat Tire Bike tour. For 20 euros you get a … read entire review
photo by: CFD