Mangla Dam

Jehlum Travel Blog

14 August is celebrated as Independence Day of Pakistan because Pakistan came into being on 14 August 1947. This year I planed for Mangla Dam which is situated near Jehlum and is the great source of electricity production through hydraulic means.

Mangla named after Mangla Devi, the daughter of King Porus who fought with Alexander the great in 326 BC. At early morning me and my 8 friends left Wazirabad for Mangla View Resort guest house overlooking the beautiful Mangla dam lake.

We get there via GT Road, around noon, freshen up and had our lunch at Dina. After this we reached at Mangla Lake at 3 o’ clock. It was monsoon but weather was quite pleasant. The lake at Mangla has some resemblance from Islands of Malaysia so that’s why local people called it Malaysia.
We went to Army water sports club who have arrangement of water scooters, speed boats, motor boats and even a ship launch for the tourists who came here to enjoy their trips. The best part of this trip was riding a water scooter and riding on speed boat.

We sat on our cars again and left for Mirpur which is located in Azad Jammu Kashmir a state in Pakistan. It was my first visit of Mirpur and I found it an ordinary city nothing special was there except Mega mart where u can shop at reasonable prices.

Then our next and last destination was another army sports club and lake resort. It was evening at that time and sun was preparing for setting in west. The colors of sun which are associated sunset I think there is no need to explain because everyone knows these colors. I think the best colors in world after rainbow. Cool breeze plays an important role at that time and we were lucky that cool breeze was accompanying us with yellowish and orangish shades of sunset. I think these all things are matchless.

Now it was time to returning home as the birds used to return back at their nests.
We have a hectic day at Mangla but it was quite enjoyable because this tour was full of fun, enjoyment and stunning views of Mangla Lake. Especially I would like to share the enthusiasm showed by people around me who were celebrating Independence Day of Pakistan. Now I am happy things are getting better than before. Hope to share something new with you soon. Take care.

YantiSoeparno says:
Hey, Pakistan independence day is closed to Indonesia's, 17 August 1945. What do you do usually during independence day?
Posted on: Oct 03, 2009