Barcelona - here we come!

Barcelona Travel Blog

Night Rider

We had left Paris around 10:30 in the morning after some good sleep and after having a strange experience at the parking next to the hotel!

The day before we had entered the parking equally strange actually. We had driven up to the cross bar indicating that we could not get in. Jacob went out of the car to see if there was someone at work inside because the parking house look a little abandoned. He returned and said that he could not see anyone, but when  he came back to the the gate  suddenly opened. We looked at each other and hmmm... lets go for it!

We still could not see anyone and there was no ticket machine.

Cava in Wine i Tapas
We drove in and I parked the car on fifth floor where I found a place that could fit the Volvo. Their parking spaces here were really small as many other places in Paris. We went down to the place where the sign said; I will soon be back, but there were still nobody there! We agreed that we would settle it the following morning, when we were picking up the car.

Next morning the place was open and there was still no one there! We picked up the car and waited down in front of the office with the sign; I will soon be back, in order to have them open the gate and so we could pay for the stay. We waited 5-10 minutes and still no one. Jacob went out and looked but again when he passed the gate it opened! I drove outside the gate and we still waited 5 minutes and nobody came! Well, then we decided to drive. We could not wait all day! Thank you Paris - I guess that it was the first time I got something for free there.

We had approximately 1000 km in front of us, so it was just a question about getting out of Paris as soon as possible.

A cold beer in a Tapas bar?
We had few goals for the day; it had to be fast, safe and we wanted to see the bridge in Millau on the way. We managed all 3 and were happy to reach our hotel at 7pm. The parking at the hotel had some troubles and we had to use the parking next to the La Ramblas which didn’t matter to us.

The hotel Onix was situated 2-300 meters from La Ramblas and we were very positively surprised when we entered the lobby. The room was equally nice and the bathroom modern and nice in size too. I still wonder why it only had 3 stars but it is recommendable anyway.

We hurried out to taste something of the Barcelona ambiance which can to us immediately after we left the hotel. This town is amazing. This city was a first time for my friend Jacob and it didn’t take him more than few minutes to understand that it was a mistake.

A naked bar ceiling!
Numerous of times the coming days he asked me how come we had not visited this city before. We hurried down to Plaza Real where I just adore coming and watching the action and the people. We stayed for a bit more than an hour before we took a first walk in the city.

When you sit on the front row facing the open space, many performers will seek your attention with their special skills. In the time we were there we had a young guy playing guitar, which he did fairly good, there was a small band as well and finally some Brazilian dance Marshall Art fighting while they sang and played a coconut instrument, all very impressive. On top of this there was a loco lady biking around smoking and swearing towards all. It was entertaining.

I wanted to show my friends some of the nice narrow streets in Barri Gotic and around the Cathedral de Barcelona so we walked around and enjoyed the ambiance and the fabulous tension that is there.

The London Bar - Maria serving drink and tapas
After the Cathedral we walk to one of my favourite tapas bar which is situated in Carrer de Jaumel on one of the corners. Here we had some tapas, cava and some beer and probably in that order. This place is always full of tourists as us because the colours are nice and the tapas look awesome.

We stayed there until 11.30pm and walked back towards La Ramblas along the small and most narrow streets we could find. In one of the most narrow streets we found an extremely small bar where the bar was approximately 1,60 metres long but there were 3 guys working behind it. The bar was very popular with Spanish girls and us because these guys could serve some great Mojito’s. After this place we walked yet some time before we decided to call it an early night and walk back towards the hotel.

But Barcelona goes on and on, so we ended up visiting a lot of other nice places before we finally entered the hotel feeling pretty good and ready to sleep after a long day with loads of impressions.

Chokk says:
I will be back soon!
Lord_Mike says:
Barcelona is on my list as well....glad you had such a great time!
Chokk says:
You have to go! This is one of the best cities in Europe. It is on 24/7!
A naked bar ceiling!
The London Bar - Maria serving dri…
The London Bar - Maria serving dr…
Art was here too!
Art was here too!
She was the original owner
She was the original owner
Fresh tapas
Fresh tapas
Not bad at all
Not bad at all
Jacob having a great time in Barce…
Jacob having a great time in Barc…
A very small bar with great Mojito…
A very small bar with great Mojit…
The naked ceiling
The naked ceiling
Stuck on the loo
Stuck on the loo
Will I ever get there!
Will I ever get there!
Barcelona Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Evinia - Vins i Tapas
Not far from La Ramblas and close to Plaza Novo you can find this little wine and tapas bar. The place usually crowded and there is a good ambiance. I… read entire review
Barcelona Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Cerveceria Canarias
One of the first thing we did after arriving to Barcelona after having checked into our hotel was to go down to one of my favourite places in the city… read entire review
Barcelona Nightlife & Entertainment review
The Queen Vic - boring, boring, boring
On our way home to our and actually just next to it; we ran into a tall skinny guy with glasses. He was standing in front of a bar The Queen Vic; he s… read entire review
Barcelona Nightlife & Entertainment review
London Bar - yoyo bar (keep coming back)
After a long walk in Barcelona we entered this nice bar before we were going back to bed in our hotel. The bar looks like a mix between an old tram an… read entire review
Barcelona