AfricaGhanaAccra

Akwaaba Ghana!

Accra Travel Blog

Setting foot in Accra
It was a long flight to Accra but we had a nice time playing games, talking to each other and reading books. Unfortunately I couldn't get some real sleep but the fun on the plane made up for it. Since i didn't know much of the group this was also the time to have a nice chat with everyone. In the meanwhile we saw the sunset over the sahara which was really a beautifull sight.

When I looked outside I suddenly saw al lot of lights  which meant we were landing in Lagos, Nigeria. My God what a huge city it is. After we landed about half the plane left and some new people boarded and in the meanwhile we just had to wait for some time. After an hour or so we left and it was only a short trip to Accra.
Akwaaba!

After we landed we walked into the airport which was very small and very different from what i was used to.
Out of the airport we were awaited by rev. Daniel our guide and spokesperson throughout the journey. He accompanied us to the bus. On the way to the bus a lot of people were asking us to carry our luggage for some money offcourse. I said no butt then one of my suitcases fell and the people were on it like flies. After the had put back on my cart they followed me until the bus and kept asking me for anything i had, they even asked for my shirt! I said no kindly but firm because I didn't want any problems.

We started loading the bus and were off to our hotel. The bus was a real african bus which brought some laughter with it as I was used to European busses. But I would get used to it as I would travel many miles with this bus.
The hotel was actually very nice i expected less in Africa but I was happily surprised. The only problem was that there was no warm water and we had to put our used toiletpaper in a bin next to the toilet. But so far so good.
I went for a good night sleep so I would be fresh for the upcoming day in which we would visit the Accra beach.
Sunset above Sahara